HUFF Agenda Possibilities 8-5-20
Unaddressed Local Police abuses:
- No indication signs and barriers have been removed from Swanton & Delaware Streets driving away vehicular residents in violation of Coastal Commission regs.
- No return or recompense for S.C Homeless Union car, used to store clothing and food donations and also as shelter for unhoused guy, stolen two weeks ago from the FNB meal area.
- No reasonable property release hours at SCPD (6 hours per week only) with survival gear still being jacked (as in Jeremiah arrest of a week ago by Officer Jones near Subway.
- Street Reports on Status of other encampments beyond the Benchlands
- Benchlands contact, polling to check abusive evictions and “FEMA-camp” problems there.
- Compulsory masking, the Board of Supervisors Infraction Offense Creation
- Health status & testing availability of folks in the group shelters, selective targeting, police privilege
- Due Process Concerns for SC Union of the Homeless Suspensions here and in Marysville
- Exploring Joint Coalition Direct Actions to restore, expand services among uncaged outside residents
- Connection with Direct Action activists who restored open space down at the Post Office last Monday
- The Upcoming S.C. Shitty Council Race: Alicia Kuhl’s Candidacy & Endorsements: Town Clock 2 PM
- Report on the new residence of the Robert’s Lake vehicular residence & ground sleepers left behind
- Glover Interview Update & Dread McCall Death
- Phone Contacts with BLM, Dem Socialists, Glover-Krohn progressives and other street groups
- St. Francis Soup Kitchen Discrimination Status for Angel & other Alicia allies
- Olive and Delaware Street Organizing and Support; 72-Hour Sticker Harassment
- August Street Spirit newspaper coming soon.
- Riess Protections for 5150ed S.C. Locals- Research Still Needed
- Assessing contacts with extended stays of those in motels, folks in Benchlands Babysitting.
- Blake et.al. v. Grants Pass Federal Court ruling
- Sacramento lawsuit outcome
- UCSC Cola4All Protest Monday
- Wednesday August 5 1-3 PM Save the Trees in Lot 4 (the “Don’t Bury the Library in a Parking Lot” Rally at the Farmers Market
- Wednesday August 5, 2 PM Cedar and Lincoln St. Activist Alicia Kuhl Announces Her Campaign for S.C. Shitty Council.
The HUFF website is back! Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides shows are being netcast Thursdays 6-8 PM and Sundays 9:30 AM – 3 PM at freakradio.org. Archives of most recent shows are available anytime at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html
Volunteer assistance is badly needed. Bring your reports for rebroadcast on the net at Free Radio Santa Cruz (freakradio.org) either to the meeting or call in at 831-423-4833.