HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] will meet Wednesday, 10-17 11 AM at the Sub Rosa next to the Bike Church.
- “If Only They Had Organized…”–Response to the Latest Sudden Closure Announcement of the Barbedwire Boneyard River St. Campground
- Latest Police PR at Shitty Council’s “Public Safety” Hearing Monday Night
- Forming a Chapter of the Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless to join Salinas, Marysville and other state Chapters allied with the Poor People’s Campaign
- Civil Rights Watch for the Unhoused Majority Facing the Usual Dispersal and Harassment as Winter Approaches
- Follow-up and lead-up actions in the Bathroom Battle: Knockin on Tony Elliot’s door (the new P & R czar).
- Seeking Answers from Police Chief Andy Mills for his Latest “Trespass/Closed Area/Camping Ban” Citation Strategy
- 9th Circuit Federal Court Decision may institute Right to Rest and Sleep in Santa Cruz: Updates from Candidates Forums, Mills, and elsewhere
- Independent HUFF strategy for shifting the dialogue from Token Winter Shelter to Broad Support for Homeless Encampments
- Fall Sidewalk Streetsquawking
- Rise of the new Salinas RV Camp.
- Sad News from Sacramento: AB2178 to Restrict Charitable Food Giveaways, AB 1040 to “conservatorship” troublesome homeless; Bail Abolition but Amped up Judicial Power; limited Police Record access
- Reviewing the Candidate Cavalcade for Shitty Council: Two Proposed Homeless Forums by Councilmember Krohn versus Warming Center’s Brent Adams
com/santa-cruz-to-shutter- city-run-homeless-encampment- by-nov-30 City Bureaucrats Drop the Do-Gooder Disguise in the Latest Abrupt Cutbacks
com/santa-cruz-downtown- launches-new-welcome-wagon- program Back to the Barbarous Bullshit of Bygone Days: Return of the Homeless-Hostile “Hosts” aka the “Ambassadors”
2018/10/13/california-adopts- a-mixed-bag-of-food-la Driving Homeless Food Operations Out of Sight
austin-ordinance-banning- homeless-camps-challenged- court Even outside the 9th Circuit’s Martin v. Boise decision upholding the Right to Rest, folks outside are speaking up in court.
us-news/tech-titans-feud- twitter-over-funding-homeless- programs-n919771 Tech bosses argue over S.F. Bucks-for-Bureaucrats Measure But How Much Reaches Those Outside?
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at 101.3 FM and freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/