To join, support, or witness the Resistance to the elimination of a functioning community check in at Food Not Bombs meals or go directly to the Benchlands. You may also get more info through the Union of the Homeless at 831-431-7766. The deadline for the latest (Phase 3] eviction is Tuesday noon. Some supporters plan to camp overnight starting 7 pm at the bottom of the 2nd stairway (along the trail from Water St.) on Monday 9-26; or show up Tuesday 9-27 in the morning for solidarity with evicted “no place to go” survival campers. Bring friends, photo equipment, and vehicles if you have them to help those who wish to move, and support those who plan to stay.
A description of the current show will follow later today at http://huffsantacruz.org/wordpress/category/huff-communications/ The 2006 Flashback is described at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/brb-descriptions.html and scroll to Sunday, January 22, 2006.
You can hear the current show and earlier ones archived at
Http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html. Check the “Latest” link under the Bathrobespierre’s Broadside section of www.huffsantacruz.org .
Brief written descriptions of many shows (so you know what you are getting into) are posted at http://huffsantacruz.org/wordpress/.
- [9-22] Cecil Runyon, Housed Benchlands activist, on his Soldarity work last weekend in the San Lorenzo Survival Camps.
- Elijah McClain police murder: https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/amended-autopsy-black-man-died-due-sedative-restraint-90393003
- [9-24] “Kazenjammer” Keith McHenry announces Benchlands resistance to Phase 3 Monday 9-26 and Tuesday 9-27
- Service Shutdown: Unsupported Footbridge Services creator announces “enough” in face of City/County ostracism. https://www.goodtimes.sc/the-footbridge-services-center-to-close-most-of-its-services/
- Tenderloin Drug War a Bust: https://www.sfchronicle.com › opinion › article › san-francisco-drug-dealers-17428816.php
- “Nuf’ Said” Nancy McCradie, Santa Barbara Committee for Social Justice worker, gives optimistic view of homeless services there.
https://soundcloud.com/going_rogue/as-we-closer-to-ww3-its-a-good-time-to-reassess-our-priorities-in-life Caitlin JohnstoneFacing Phase 3 of the City’s “Demolish under Cover of Sheltering” plan—report from Ryan Haney
FLASHBACK to January 22, 2006:
- SAFE (Society for Artistic Freedom and Expression) street interviews [SI] by Coral Brune
- Congressional candidate and homeless militant Chris Brozda calls in
- Raven in Berkeley gives update on People’s Park
- Upcoming City Council agenda alert by Norse
- January 10th Oral Communications speakers at Council on “Spygate”, SCPD’s surveillance and infiltration of “Last Night-DIY”, the peaceful New Year’s celebration: Sherry Conable, Ruth Gordon, Sheila Coonerty, Anthony Cuchedr, Chris Krohn, Celia Scott, Sandino Gomez, Rico Thunder, John Thielking, Grant Wilson and others
- Thunder cut off by Mayor “Two Minutes” Mathews
- Skidmark Bob calls in on the history of police surveillance and how to track it.
- More call-ins and further Oral Communication from Joe Schultz, and Lydia Blanchard
- Andrea Tishler, of the SC Citizens for Sensible Marijuana Policy announces finalization of the proposed city marijuana “tax and regulate” initiative, now gone to the city attorney
- Reviewing the 1979 Berkeley Marijuana Legalization Ordinance
- Coral Brune interviews Monkey, Ron, and Breakfast on police surveillance of Last Night
BENCHLANDS RESISTANCE sponsered by SANTA CRUZ HOMELESS UNION, FOOD NOT BOMBS [FNB] , and HUFF will meet again at a time and place TBA. Contact FNB [575-770-3377] or the Union or go to the Benchlands Resistance Bace Camp Monday night or Tuesday morning for more info.