- Trump has escalated Obama’s War on Syria with multiple rocket strikes last night. With few exception, there is no indication Democratic or Republican politicians have any serious objections to the “more foreign wars” policy.
- This war affects everyone, but disproportionately the poor of Santa Cruz and Syria.
- No one is safe from the Foreign War machine operating out of Washington, D.C. which has continued and expanded wars for decades. Time to say, NO.
- A houseless disabled elderly woman called HUFF an hour ago, calling for a protest tonight.
- The Winter Shelter program ended its 100+ spaces for the homeless last night. Local homeless people are calling for an alternate shelter/protest program tonight.
- While Police Chief Andy Mills has suspended Sleeping Ban enforcement, survival camps are being swept away, Stay-Away orders regularly issued in parks at night, and other “trespass on public property” citations are being issued regularly.
- There is no shelter for the 1000-2000 outside other than the full River St. Campground, the full Association of Faith Communities 20-person program, and the “no room without a ‘pathway to housing'” policy of the Homeless (Lack of) Services Center.
- HUFF (Homeless United for Friendship and Freedom) will discuss a resumption of the Vigil Against Two Wars, which the group as done in the past.
Meet outside the Sub Rosa Cafe at 703 Pacific Ave. in Santa Cruz at noon today to discuss a response.
The Sub Rosa is also the site of the Really Free Market today and we may be able to meet indoors. the weather is expected to be cool to temperate. Coffee may be available.
For more visual info, go to https://www.facebook.com/
Free Radio Santa Cruz will be covering these issues in a pre-recorded show Sunday morning 9:30 AM for several hours afterwards on Sunday, April 15th.
More info: call 831-423-4833.