CONSCIENCE AND ACTION IDEAS 7-24-19
Note: Agenda Ideas are simply suggestions and subject to change and addition from anyone in the group. They cover a wide range of possibilities.
- Announcements: Choice of Action Items
- Downtown Follow-Up for the “Give a Shit; Open the Shitters” Campaign
- Follow-Up for Phone-A-Cop-for-Shelter-
- Follow-Up to Create a Forum on Local Effectiveness in the Cash-for-Care Poverty Pimpery Masquerading as Social Services
- Follow-Up on Demo to Publicize Unaddressed 1220 River Deficiences and Challenge the Wretched Concentration Campground “New Normal” Model
- California Homeless Union: Supporting Salinas’s August 1st Hearing
- Glover Call on Release of Infraction Examination, Investigation, Housing Problem
- Odds & Ends: Needle Exchange Expansion Debate/Forum…Post Office Box: Alicia Homeless Union Report
- Linking Up with ICE Resistance
- For HUFFsters
- Announcements: Including Brief Summaries of Agenda Items
- Further Action on C & A Items
- Street and Campground Report
- Public Records Updates: Infraction Data Crunching; New Delays
- RV Attacks & Restricted”Reforms” in Other Cities
- August 1 Caravan to Provide California Homeless Union Support for Salinas Sherwood Park Survival Campers
- SNAIL Update?
- Berkeley Report
REMINDER OF SOME OF THE TASKS VOLUNTEERED FOR
Keith, Alicia, Robert: Interested in working on audio recording evening calls for shelter from folks on the street.
Keith, Robert: Planning a forum to debate local effectiveness in providing real services and shelter versus grant grabbing and surveillance stats.
Phil, Alicia, Robert, Greg, Rafe, Others at 1220: A return demonstration to 1220 around issues of free access in and out, access to tents, showers, salaries for “monitors”, potable water, cooling temperatures in tents, etc.
Conscience and Action voted 7-17 to support Nick and Phil’s proposals, though we didn’t discuss them at length.
Rafa: Talk to Brent about Charging Stations at His Storage Area.
Rafa: Work the Police Data on Infraction Citations.