11 AM Wednesday July 31, 2019 Conscience and Action followed by HUFF: Coffee, Conversation, and a Touch of Conscience & Huffiness


Note:  Agenda Ideas are simply suggestions and subject to change and addition from anyone in the group.  They cover a wide range of possibilities.

  • Announcements: Choice of Action Items; Timekeeper; Vibes Guy
  • Minutes Prep Help
  • Old Business:  1220 River St. Report & 8-8 Protest/Press Conference; 10 AM
  • Old Business:  1st Friday Tabling to Advertise Direct Action on Bathrooms 5 PM…Prep.
  • Kevin’s Response to SCPD National Night Out Tuesday Aug 6  4-6 PM responding to  station tours, live demonstrations, and snacks at 155 Center St cityofsantacruz.com.
  • Possible Glover call (10 minutes available on his end)
  • Follow-Up for Phone-A-Cop-for-Shelter-Transport Proposal
  • Follow-Up on Expenditures & Local Effectiveness in the Cash-for-Care Poverty Pimpery Masquerading as Social Service; CATCH Committee Update.
  • California Homeless Union: Supporting Salinas’s August 1st Hearing
  • Glover Call on Release of Infraction Examination, Investigation, Housing Problem                                                                                           
  • Odds & Ends:  Needle Exchange Expansion Debate/Forum…Post Office Box: Alicia Homeless Union Report
  • Linking Up with ICE Resistance

For HUFFsters

  • Announcements: Including Brief Summaries of Agenda Items
  • Further Action on C & A Items
  • Street and Campground Report
  • RV and Vehicle Seizure; Gen-I on Vehicle Tow and Alicia’s Latest on Haebe’s Green Stickers
  • August 2nd Monterey Court Hearing 1200 Aguajito Rd for Salinas Injunction Against Cop Harassment at Sherwood Park 1:30 PM
  • Police Auditor Contract; Mills GT Article
  • Public Records Updates: Bathroom Data–Norse and Colby’s Data  Some at https://cityofsantacruz.sharefile.com/d-s34d2fddbfc2468da


C & A/HUFF Meeting

Alicia, Kevin, Rapha:  Subcommittee on how money is being spent.
Alicia:  August 2 and previous prep tabling downtown for bathroom demo, round up some toilet art, very visible sign

Alicia, Steve, Kevin, Robert, Gloria: Downtown Tabling

Rapha: Sending copies of  1220 River St. Contract to Robert

Robert:  List of demands for August 2nd

Keith, Robert (Keith not at meeting): Perhaps Follow Up on the “Call a Cop for Shelter Transport”, Alicia and Kevin may join

Robert will ask Keith to do a Press Release for August 8th

Phil will contact New Director with Demands.

Robert will e-mail Drew with request for specific addresses on Infraction data, and/or specific definitions of “fixed” versus “transient” residence.

Robert will send Rapha the 12 categories Drew requested.