Free Radio Santa Cruz still offers a reward of $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
On the show today:
“Katzenjammer” Keith Suggests Immediate Emergency Camping Areas for Those Facing Ross Camp “Abatement”
Historic “Protect the Poor” Pottinger Decision Dismantled in Miami
- Cops Kill Another Black in Vallejo: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=
- “All Speed Ahead” Alicia Pushes Back Against the City Council’s “Dump the Ross Camp” Decision
- Local Democratic Socialists Walk the Walk Out at Ross
- “Heart on the Line” Dan McGuire on his Ross Camp Support
- Brent Adams Says “Clear the Camp” and Do It Right.
- Mixed Memories of “Sharin'” Sherry Conable
- Voices Unheard at the February 12th Council Camp Close-Down
- Rethinking the Cummings Conundrum
News Nesteggs from Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & Bathrobespierre Robert:
- Pummeling the Pottinger Decision in Miami: https://www.
miamiherald.com/news/local/ community/miami-dade/ article226339915.html
- Eugene Activists Challenge What Santa Cruz’s Dare Not: https://www.registerguard.com/
news/20190215/group-breaks- curfew-protests-homeless- activists-arrest-no-arrests- made https://www. registerguard.com/news/ 20181113/protest-homeless- camp-returns-to-downtown- eugene
- Videos of the Vapid & Vicious in Councilland : https://www.facebook.com/
Envirolize/videos/ 2141126145944852/?hc_location= ufi
- Bible-Thumping Bigotry in the Coldest Places: https://www.lgbtqnation.com/
2019/01/evangelicals-sue- right-deny-shelter-homeless- transgender-people/#. XDzpaggeNiN.twitter
- Bring Signs, Blankets, and Bodies to City Council’s Open “Retreat” 2-19-19 Tuesday at Harvey West Clubhouse to Stop the Ross “Abatement”.
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Survival Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers–Winter Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in a 2nd spot
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Refugees Outside in Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!