REWARD STILL AVAILABLE!
Free Radio Santa Cruz is waiting with $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
Tonight’s show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Additional archives of the two Drew Glover meetings will be posted at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
On today’s show:
- Riffing off of David Rovic’s “If You Come to Santa Cruz” song (at https://davidrovics.blogspot.
com/2018/09/if-youre-going-to- santa-cruz.html ).
- “Backstory” Brent cautiously critiques existing social service sirens.
- More “Devil in the Details” Dissection of a bit of the August 13 City Council Consent Agenda
- Across the globe and around the country with “Katzenjammer” Keith of Food Not Bombs
- Dirty Underwear Showing at South Bay Copshops: https://www.mercurynews.com/
2019/08/16/los-gatos-police- release-video-of- controversial-ex-officers- last-use-of-force/
- Rumbles from the Red Church with “Troubletracker” Thomas & a slew of others
- Another afternoon at the Food Not Bombs Saturday meal–“Gentletide” Jacqueline, Mr. Lindeberg, “Staccato” Steve C., “Roughroad” Ricardo, & others.
Flashback to May 18, 1997:
- City and Cops Pressure New Leaf Market to Starve Out Food Not Bombs
- Exposing the “Give the Homeless a Handslap not a Handout” Cards instead of Cash
- Medical Marijuana Struggle in San Jose
- Standing Up to San Jose’s Sitting Ban ….
- And more !
Info and Inspiration from Here and There:
- What’s Happened to the Ross Camp Roughriders? Still Wondering after this Tepid Follow-Up: https://
- Hoaxes Can Be Helpful: https://www.facebook.com/
photo.php?fbid= 10102301951946689&set=gm. 2486624394738810&type=3& theater&ifg=1
- Salinas, Santa Cruz: Still Looking for Safe Zones: https://www.thecalifornian.
com/story/news/2019/08/17/ homelessness-in-salinas-ca/ 1628906001//10/18825358.php
- No Showers at River St. Still, but a Shower Trailer at the “Lack of Services” Center: https://www.santacruzhsc.org/
temporary-shower-facilities- installed-at-homeless- services-center
WHAT YOU CAN DO BETWEEN SHOWS:
- Support Upcoming Protests on Alleviating Concentration Camp Conditions and Wasteful Expenditures at the 1220 River St. Camp on August 29th 10 AM Just Outside the Locked Gate
- Join the “Open the Bathrooms Now!” Action at Londen (Louden) Nelson September 3rd 1:30 PM.
- Support Alternative Survival Camps and Squats in the Wake of the City Council “Away on Vacation” Abdication as Homeless People Face Police Lies and Turn-Aways from Shelter.
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit Seeking Damages–Whether you were at Ross Camp or Not: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766 or Visit the Union of the Homeless table 4-6 PM at the Saturday and Sunday Food Not Bombs Meals at the Main Post Office
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, NOT Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s–and Deter Police Harassment by being On Call to Document It.
- Additional Needs for Community Samaritans!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots, Less Cop Crackdowns
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s Day/Night Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action,Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, SNAIL, HEART Disabled Homeless People, & Power Surge Tenants Rights on Facebook
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!