STILL NO STUDIO WITH THE REWARD AWAITING…
CASH IN SO YOU CAN PHONE IN ! HELP BUILD REAL COMMUNITY RADIO ! Free Radio Santa Cruz stands ready to dole out $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
Today’s show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html
ARCHIVES OF INTEREST at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html
ON THE SHOW
- Interviews aplenty from the Sunday November 10th birth of the Desiree Memorial Survival (Phoenix) Camp
- …to the Friday crushing of a Community in an illegal and unconstitutional betrayal of 70-100 people
- Singer and activist Cooper talks about her Louden Nelson-adjacent community on the Washington St. sidewalk
- Reports of Rage and Sorrow from folks driven into parks, sidewalks, greenbelt, and doorfronts.
DOCUMENTING THE LIES THAT BETRAYED SHELTER FOR 70-100 PEOPLE ON NOVEMBER 15TH
- Historical Reminders: The Watkins Minority Liberalizing Measures and Sets the Stage for the Unconstitutional Destruction of the first Ross Camp: http://scsire.cityofsantacruz.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=1166&doctype=MINUTES
- The City’s Own Standard Operating Procedures Ignored and Violated: http://scsire.cityofsantacruz.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=1166&doctype=AGENDA (See documents attached to Item 15.4)
- Chief Mills’s reassurance that Camp Phoenix (the SC Union-managed Camp at Ross) could not be removed without due process: https://chiefmills.com/2019/11/14/homeless-in-santa-cruz-ross-camp-2-0/ (paragraphs 3 & 4)
- Act Locally or Regret Repeatedly
- Call Out the City Hall Criminals: Outgoing Mayor Martine Watkins, Incoming Mayor Justin Cummings, City Manager Martin Bernal, Police Chief Andy Mills, City Attorney Tony Condotti and His Abuse Enablers Susie O’Hara & Megan Bunch for Inciting the Ross Camp Destruction, Subsequent Deaths, and the Friday November 15th Demolition of Camp Phoenix (the renewed Desiree Memorial Survival Encampment in back of Ross) with a campaign of lies to the community regarding “adequate shelter options”. Sign up at the SC Union of the Homeless Table at the Food Not Bombs meals to find more direct and effective ways to support the next homeless-run encampment. Contact the Union at 831-431-7766.
- Document Homeless Discrimination & Sign Up for Direct Action to “Open the Bathrooms Now!” Action by contacting the SC Union, HUFF, Conscience & Action, or the Give-A-Shit Campaign Provide Direct Support to Survival Camps & Squats as City Council Ignores the Winter Shelter Emergency; Skip the Poverty Pimp Entrepreneurs
- Post Your Documentation of Police and Ranger “Move Along” Mischief or Pass it on to Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766 Check out the 5 PM Union of the Homeless meeting at the Food Not Bombs Event in front of the Main Post Office Every Sunday.
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, NOT Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s–and Deter Police Harassment by being On Call to Document It.
- Additional Needs for Community Samaritans!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots, Monitor and Expose Cop Crackdowns Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s Day/Night Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action,Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation. Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, SNAIL, HEART Disabled Homeless People, Power Surge Tenants Rights, Bay Area Landless People’s Alliance, and more on Facebook..then go out and do something!
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-cruz/ Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future. Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833. If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!