FREE RADIO TO SERVE AS HOMELESS NEWS OUTLET AS COUNTY SHUTS DOWN!
CONTACT US WITH UPDATES AT 831-423-4833
STUDIO SITE REWARD STILL AVAILABLE !
Free Radio Santa Cruz stands ready to dole out $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom,
electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space
where we can put up an
antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
ON TODAY’S SHOW:
*** Foodster Keith McHenry’s Saturday Evening Report from the Weekend Meal in the Rain 3-14
*** Tales of Pain and Hope from the Cooperville Encampment on Saturday 3-14
*** Mayor Cummings’ (Non) Response (3-13) to the McHenry Call for Opening Up
Bathrooms, Setting up Portapotties,
and Placing Handwashing Stations as Louden Nelson, the Libraries, Bookshop Coonerty (Santa Cruz), and (likely) Cafes shut down
*** Truthtalker Thomas, Faithkeeper Fox, “Can’t Stop Tryin'” Kevin, and Bathrobespierre
Robert Make Plans While
COPVID-19 Laughs at Last Sunday’s 3-8 Union of the Homeless Meeting
*** “Rocking Chair” Rafa Reviews Last Week and the Next
*** Steadfast Steve C, “Tackle the Terrorist” Tony M, & Others at Monday’s
3-9 Red Church line of the Month Talk
Turkey and Munch the Last-of-the-Month Meal there
*** Backstory Brent Adams in the Aftermath of Last Tuesday’s “Do Nothing” Council Chairwarming Chatter
*** Rage and Regret at last Tuesday’s Shitty Council Meeting
*** Cornerstone Carol Denney Shares Cheer and Chiding in her report up Berkeley way
*** Wild and Woolly Wisdom from the Streets: DeMoan, Lucero Luna, Greyskies George,
Roughsleeper Robert Green, &
O.D. Mike, More
HEAR MAYOR JUSTIN CUMMINGS NAYSAY PROGRESSIVE PROGRAMS at http://huffsantacruz.org/lost/26m%20Cummings%20Interview%202-3.MP3
CHECK OUT CHIEF MILLS PUSHING HIS “DISAPPEAR HOMELESS ENCAMPMENTS” PROGRAM BEFORE THE REACTIONARY SANTA CRUZ NEIGHBORS VIGILANTE GROUP at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vi1QGWgK0
REVIEW THE LATEST DOCUMENTS IN THE SLEEPING BAN STRUGGLE at https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/01/18830292.php
Act Locally or Regret Later
Mingle (at a distance) tonight with
Union of the Homeless activists 3-15 near the new Food Not Bombs meal site at
- the Town Clock 5 PM
Note that Library, Red Church Monday Meal, Tuesday’s CACH meeting, Coonerty’s Bookshop Santa Cruz
- bathrooms, Louden Nelson Center Shut Down with no Alternate Facilities yet provided.
Prepare for peaceful Direct Action to restore nighttime bathroom and sanitary facility access as City Manager
- Bernal and Mayor Cummings Chatter but Keep Them Locked
- Contact Bathrobespierre Robert for final word on whether the Wednesday HUFF meeting will be happening or postponed 3-18
- Demand “Bad News” Bernal Order His Cops to Stand off and Allow Homeless Activists to Reopen Camp Phoenix now that Governor Newsom has declared that area surplus space to be designated for homeless use.
- Denounce the latest cosmetic “See, We Have Shelter” lie with the opening of the Armory–which doesn’t allow bike access and ignores the majority of 1000-2000 outside, spending ridiculous sums of money to shelter a few, while really providing protective cover to the City Council and Board of Supervisors for essentially doing nothing for the great majority and allowing Mills’ police-and-rangers to threaten campsites with seizure and arrest.
- Contact Chief Mills at email@example.com to demand fundamental changes such as that seized survival gear be available for reclaiming during regular business hours, not just 6 hours as week. See https://www.indybay.org/uploads/2019/12/18/police_protest_flyer_12-18-19.pdf
- Hold accountable City Hall NIMBY enablers at all public meetings: Former Mayor Martine Watkins, New Mayor Justin Cummings, City Manager-for-Life Martin Bernal, His Wrecking Crew of Abuse Enablers Susie O’Hara and Megan Bunch, Police Chief Andy Mills, & City Attorney Tony Condotti for Inciting the Ross Camp Destruction, Subsequent Deaths, & the Friday Nov 15th Demolition of Camp Phoenix (the renewed Deseire Memorial Survival Encampment in back of Ross) with a campaign of lies to the community regarding “adequate shelter options”.
- Remember Deseire Quintero–Killed by City Indifference, Negligence, and Malice in Closing the First Ross Camp Without Any Adequate Shelter! Support Survival Campgrounds, Empty Building Takeovers This Winter Wherever They Happen.
- Take peaceful action to open up buildings for Emergency Shelter as well as an end to harassment citation of folks surviving outside under “trespass on public property”, “closed area”, “public nuisance” and “blocking the sidewalk” pretexts;
- Witness, oppose, and document police and ranger harassment using “closed areas”, “blocking the sidewalk”, “public nuisance”, “public trespass”, and “illegal lodging” to get around the Boise v. Martin “No shelter? No tickets!” decision.
- Demand City Manager “Mangler” Martin Bernal and SCPD Police Chief “Ambushmaster” Andy Mills account for their destruction of Camp Phoenix ignoring City Council’s required Standard Operating Procedures for closing encampments and violating their own admission that “trespass” could not be properly applied to the survival sleepers
· Sign up at the SCHU Table at the Food Not Bombs meals to find more direct and effective ways to support the next homeless-run encampment. Contact the Union at 831-431-7766. Union meets 5 PM Sundays at Front & Water St. Phone: 431-7766 DONATE SURVIVAL GEAR SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS AT FOOD NOT BOMBS
· Document Homeless Discrimination & Sign Up for Direct Action to “Open the Bathrooms Now!” Action by contacting the SC Union, HUFF, Conscience & Action, or the Give-A-Shit Campaign
Provide Direct Support to Survival Camps & Squats as City Council Ignores the Winter Shelter
Emergency; Skip the Poverty Pimp Entrepreneurs
Post Your Documentation of Police and Ranger “Move Along” Mischief or Pass it on to Barracuda
Mama at 831-431-7766
· Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, NOT Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s–and Deter Police Harassment by being On Call to Document It.
· Additional Needs for Community Samaritans!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, and More Space in Additional Spots, Monitor and Expose Cop Crackdowns
· Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s Day/Night Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action,Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless by documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, SNAIL, HEART Disabled Homeless People, Power Surge Tenants Rights, Bay Area Landless People’s Alliance, and more on Facebook..then go out and do something!
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-cruz/
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-335-4844
- If you must, expropriate items from corporate & chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!