CONSCIENCE AND ACTION IDEAS 11-6-19
Note: Agenda Ideas are simply suggestions and subject to change and addition from anyone in the group. They cover a wide range of possibilities.
- Announcements: Choice of Action Items; Timekeeper & Time Limits; Vibes Guy
- Conscience and Action’s Squaring of Desiree Demands with Our Prior Agenda: Which is our Action Focus?
- Board of Supervisor Actions on Tenants, Syringes Advisory, Grants to Salvation Army, etc. https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/11/05/santa-cruz- year-round-homeless-shelter- contracts-finalized/
- Tenant Student Coalition Prospect: https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/11/05/renters- struggle-with-housing-costs- apartment-list-reports/
- Focus on New Towed Vehicle Policy: https://patch.com/california/
santacruz/scpd-towing- vehicles-expired-registration- parking-tickets
- Planning Actions Re: the Cummings Issue, the O’Hara Narrative, the Winter Shelter Emergency
- City Council Prep (if any) for 11-12
- Stina Follow-Up on Peepee Bottles to City Council for November 12th ; Alternative Protests at Bernal, Cummings, Watkins door
- Union of the Homeless Updates: Sacramento, Yesterday’s Memorial, CACH Meeting
For HUFFsters No new Street Spirits or Street Sheets yet.
- Announcements: Including Brief Summaries of Agenda Items
- Finishing the C & A Agenda
- Union of the Homeless Proposals Around Mandatory Incarceration for Shelter or “Obligation to Shelter”
- Monitoring Campground & Shelter Conditions–Tabling at Coral St.: Another Union Proposal
- Conflict in Austin TX: https://www.texastribune.org/
2019/11/04/gov-greg-abbots- cleaning-homeless-camps-sets- back-some-austinites/
- Berkeley Report:
- Haebe’s Hellraising–Latest Report from Ivorytickler Scott
- RV Update–Re: Police Response, Vigilante Action, & Reports from Other Cities
NEW TIME: NOON