Conscience and Action meets at 11 AM; HUFF meets at noon; times are flexible. Both meetings are open.
Agenda Suggestions for 2-6
CONSCIENCE AND ACTION ADDICTS
- Expanded Scope for the Valentine’s Day Speak-Out: Have a Heart for Homeless Survival !
- Update on the Blockaded Bathrooms Situation
- Upcoming Council Meeting with its Homeless Rights and Resources Items
- Wresting the $10 million from poverty pimps: Action at the HEAP, HAP, or COC HQ.
- Restoring rights of & safe parking for folks whose homes are on wheels: Neighborhood tabling
- Meeting with Martin the Mangler– suspend ticketing under Sleeping Ban-type laws.
- Emergency laundry and shower access for the broader homeless community and Ross.
- Action targeting a real estate profiteer in conjunction with tenant organizations
- Organizing mass support for the promised February 12th Activist Agenda at City Council around students, immigrants, elderly, differently-abled, and youth groups.
- Polling and Organzing RVsters and Vehicle Dwellers with Alicia and Cynthia
- Solidarity with Berkeley activists defending People’s Park against new attacks.
- Confronting Council Crapola—demanding restored public comment under Mayor Martine Watkins by action from the “Progressive 4″
- Tenants in Trouble—organizing with students, renters, elderly, disabled groups to establish mutual power and solidarity.
- Connections and Union of the Homeless Outreach to Campers in and out of Ross
- Homeless (Lack of) Service Center Update–Changes or More of the Same: an Examination of the latest answers from workers inside.
- SCPD: demanding revelation of surveillance devices throughout the City, police records on use of force, selective enforcement, racial profiling. Protests to open the property room during regular SCPD hours daily.
- Restoration of services out at MHCAN? Pleich’s Board of Directors still slumbering?
- Report from the state Union of the Homeless including the MLK Day rally at homeless camps in Chico, Paradise, Marysville, and the River Bottom.