After many hours of cranky weary turmoil, a new edition of Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides, the 20-year old Free Radio Santa Cruz show largely concerned with homeless civil rights and local Santa Cruz political shenanagans is coming your way.
Featured on the show:
- More poetry by Berkeley poet Julia Vinograd,
- Interviews from the last Freedom Sleeper SleepOut on the cold cold sidewalk and bricks adjacent to City Hall,
- Steve Pleich’s analysis of the Water Study Session at City Council,
- Jeffrey Helms account of an SCPD gun drawn and (mis)fired at him,
- Mama Shannon’s grim account of homeless sweeps on the tracks, deadly abuse at the Homeless (Lack of) Services Center, and her sticks-to-your-ribs poem “Peanut Butter”
- Selections from Studs Turkel’s musical Working