With the Sub Rosa Cafe courtyard reopening
and the “Public Not Invited” City Council meeting slated for tomorrow.
That Agenda was finally released today (24 hours before the meeting) at
https://ecm.cityofsantacruz.com/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/Search?dropid=4&mtids=103%2C105 though I found it hard to open.
We start at 11 AM — Coffee free. Suggested topics topics:
- Protest and Organizing Against the “Public Excluded” Rubberstamp Meeting Planned for Thursday July 2nd
- Discussion of the HUFF response to the reimposed Vendor Restrictions on the Agenda
- Co-ordination with BLM and other groups concerned with restoring Civil Rights and Public Access in Santa Cruz
- City Manager and Council’s Overfunding of the SCPD with no Fund Real Safety, i.e. No Defund Police Violence
- Status Report on the CDC-disapproved Group Shelters which are Santa Cruz’s main duck-and-dodge response to the Project Roomkey funding, leaving hundreds of vulnerable houseless people at risk
- Regular Public Tabling Against Police Budget and Anti-Homeless Behavior in Receptive Times
- Taking Back Public Spaces as Up-Scale Cafes Seize the Sidewalk
- Challenging City Manager Martin Bernal’s Rule-By-Decree
- Return of the print edition of the Street Spirit newspaper
- Psychiatric authority seizure of a HUFF member (Angel) and her removal to Fremont
|Black Lives Matter Capitola Village March & Speak Out Today 5-8 PM Monterey Avenue Park 700 Monterey Ave., Capitola|
TOWN CLOCK Black Lives Matter Protest 1 PM July 4th Saturday
Every bit of correspondence to the City
Council regarding in their correspondence packet urges cutting the
bloated police budget.
The HUFF website is still under reconstruction. Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides shows are still being netcast Thursdays 6-8 PM and Sundays 9:30 AM – 3 PM at freakradio.org and some archives are available. Volunteer assistance is badly needed.
Bring your reports for rebroadcast on the net at Free Radio Santa Cruz (freakradio.org) either to the meeting or call in at 831-423-4833.