CRITICAL QUESTIONS FOR TODAY
- What’s happening at the Ross/Gateway/River St. Camp? Is portapotty/washing station/dumpster access increasing as more people seek sanctuary there? What’s up with the SCPD/P & R policies of “herd ‘em to Ross”?
- How are RV dwellers doing in the wake of the Boise v. Martin decision and Coastal Commission’s “take down the “no parking signs” orders?
- Are cop/ranger seizures of property any less than last winter?
- Is it any easier to get one’s property back from the “open only 4 hours a week” SCPD?
- Is harassment downtown and in residential neighborhoods dropping or rising?
- Are Coral St.’s Homeless (Lack of) Services policies improving?
- Are City Council members, tenant activists and their homeless advocate allies taking any action over the Xmas vacation to deter evictions or support those threatened? Are evictions increasing? How goes the possible homeless/tenant Coalition?
- Why is bathroom access restored at San Lorenzo Park, but not at Louden Nelson and City Hall? Any updates on cafe bathroom access, portapotty accessibility?
- Is Winter Shelter access any less difficult with its e-mail sign-up requirements than last month? How are conditions out at the 7th Avenue Shelter?
- Any restoration of services out at MHCAN? Is the Board of Directors still slumbering?
- Any news from the state-wide Union of the Homeless, Marysville, Santa Barbara, San Diego, and/or L.A.?
- Whatever happened to Conscience in Action ?
Come and share coffee, questions, and answers at 703 Pacific (next to the Bike Church) at HUFF.
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!