HUFF Agenda Prospects:
- The expanding Gateway/Ross campground: contacts, organizing, prospects for eviction down the road
- How are RV dwellers doing in the wake of the Boise v. Martin decision and Coastal Commission’s “take down the “no parking signs” orders?
- Homeless (Lack of) Service Center Update–Changes or More of the Same?
- Is it any easier to get one’s property back from the “open only 4 hours a week” SCPD?
- Directing the new City Council’s attention to repealing the anti-homeless laws.
- Are City Council members, tenant activists and their homeless advocate allies taking any action over the Xmas vacation to deter evictions or support those threatened? Are evictions increasing? How goes the possible homeless/tenant Coalition?
- What should HUFF ask of Conscience and Action, if it returns in January?
- Is Winter Shelter access any less difficult with its e-mail sign-up requirements than last month? How are conditions out at the 7th Avenue Shelter and Salvation Army?
- Any restoration of services out at MHCAN? Is the Board of Directors still slumbering?
- Any news from the state-wide Union of the Homeless, Marysville, Santa Barbara, San Diego, and/or L.A.?
Come and share coffee, questions, and answers at 703 Pacific (next to the Bike Church) at HUFF.
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!