With a Press Conference/Speak-Out at the Police Station focusing on Harassment of Vehicular Residents planned for 1:30 PM Thursday January 10th, Conscience and Action members are invited (as well as any members of the public).
RV survivor Alicia says she again will be there along with other RV residents with concerns to bring to the community and Chief Andy Mills’ attention. Alicia and her family (a husband and 3 children) report pressured harassment to “move along” at along Woodrow Ave. much earlier than the 72-hour deadline for parking.
Other Likely topics:
HUFF Agenda Prospects:
- The expanding Gateway/Ross campground: Latest Inaction and Active Avoidance at the Parks and Recreation Commission and City Council.
- RV “Smart Camping” Tips and Rights–A Discussion
- Homeless (Lack of) Service Center Update–Changes or More of the Same: an Examination of the latest answers from workers inside.
- SCPD capers: Reviewing police records perhaps to check for the frequency of Stay-Away Orders and Racial Profiling–a possible field trip after the meeting.
- Getting Council t0 mandate change of the “open only 4 hours a week” SCPD property retrieval
- A Laundry List of Reminders for the Incoming Shitty Council
- First Report on the Fractured City Council “Pr0gressive” Majority
- Is Winter Shelter access any less difficult with its e-mail sign-up requirements than last month? How are conditions out at the 7th Avenue Shelter and Salvation Army?
- Any restoration of services out at MHCAN? Is the Board of Directors still slumbering?
- Upcoming Martin Luther King Day rally of the state Union of the Homeless including tours of homeless camps in Chico.
Come and share coffee, questions, and answers at 703 Pacific (next to the Bike Church) at HUFF.
- Share Stories and Soup with a RV Survivors, Chief Andy Mills, and the broader community 1:30 PM 1-10 in front of the Police Station at Laurel and Center St.
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, HomeFree, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!