Conscience and Action meets at 11 AM; HUFF meets at noon; times are flexible. Both meetings are open.
Agenda Suggestions for 2-13
CONSCIENCE AND ACTION ADDICTS
- Alternatives for Organizing and Resistance to the Mass Eviction of Ross Beginning Today
- Update and Response to the Blockaded Bathrooms Situation
- Truth Squad Activity to Counter City Staff Lies About Available Ross Alternatives
- Holding the Mayor Accountable for her Abusive Council Behavior Toward Council and Public
- Wresting the $10 million from poverty pimps: Action at the HEAP, HAP, or COC HQ.
- Restoring rights of & safe parking for folks whose homes are on wheels: More Organizing
- Meeting with Martin the Mangler– suspend ticketing under Sleeping Ban-type laws.
- Emergency laundry and shower access for the broader homeless community and Ross.
- Action targeting a real estate profiteer in conjunction with tenant organizations
- Organizing mass support for the upcoming February 26 meeting at City Council around students, immigrants, elderly, differently-abled, and youth groups and an attempt to reverse the February 12th Demolition of the Camp Decision.
- The Ticket-and-Tow Racket–the Latest Chapter
- Polling and Organizing RVsters and Vehicle Dwellers with Alicia and Cynthia
- Update on Berkeley activists defending People’s Park against new attacks.
- Confronting Council Crapola—sustaining and expanding restored public comment under Mayor Martine Watkins by action from the “Progressive 4″
- Tenants in Trouble—demanding real data from the Task Farce, organizing with students, renters, elderly, disabled groups to establish mutual power and solidarity.
- Connections and Union of the Homeless Outreach to Campers in and out of Ross
- Homeless (Lack of) Service Center Update–Changes or More of the Same: an Examination of the latest answers from workers inside.
- SCPD: demanding revelation of surveillance devices throughout the City, police records on use of force, selective enforcement, racial profiling. Protests to open the property room during regular SCPD hours daily.
- MHCAN: A New Regime with Pleich gone as Executive Director?
- Report from the state Union of the Homeless and upcoming Stockton/Sacramento protests.