HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] will meet Wednesday, 10-31-18 AM at the Sub Rosa next to the Bike Church. Conscience and Action will be meeting today (10-24) at the Sub Rosa at 11 AM.
Possible action items:
- The Compassion-Free City Council: Responding to Last Night’s Official Silence on the Campground Closing, Winter Shelter Deficit, Ongoing Citation Process, and Ignoring of the Boise Decision
- Demanding D.A. Rosell Follow the S.F. “No More Homeless Camping Prosecutions”
- Encampment Action Supporting Measure M and Out-of-Town Cash Corruption
- Bathroom Battleplans–Next Steps in the Struggle for Safe Shitting:
+++ Hard Cop, Soft Cop Approach to new P & R Boss Tony Elliot
+++ “Get Into the Bathroom Free” Codes Distributed to the Rabble
+++ Reviewing Ursula’s “Vanishing Vandalism” Analysis
+++ Cornering the Council Candidate’s on Lavatory Liberation
+++ Mocking the Meanness with Street Theater and/or Radio Play
Hot Blasts from HUFFland:
09/11/magazine/americans-jobs- poverty-homeless.html S.C. Unemployment “Down” But Poverty Flourishes
articles/2018/10/be-more- human-fighting-homelessness- on-the-front-l.html How many more disabled, elderly, and unhoused will die this winter?
- NIMBY bigotry is not just a local disease: http://www.
dailybreeze.com/san-pedro- temple-hits-the-pause-button- on-plans-to-host-homeless- overnight-parking
- Astoria homeless push back; could Santa Cruz find courage here? http://www.dailyastorian.com/
Local_News/20181022/a- merchants-criticism-and-a- downtown-protest-underscore- astorias-challenge-with-the- homeless
- Media apologists for NIMBY paranoia and City Manager cowardice blab on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at 101.3 FM and freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/