HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] will meet Wednesday, 10-3 11 AM at the Sub Rosa next to the Bike Church. Conscience and Action will be meeting today at the Sub Rosa at 11 AM.
Possible action items:
- Hard Cop, Soft Cop Approach to new P & R Boss Tony Elliot
- Rovics Concert “Get Into the Bathroom Free” Tickets Expanded for Future Action
- Sending P & R E-Mails and Ursula’s “Vanishing Vandalism” Analysis to City Council, Media, and Community.
- Pressing Council Candidate’s PDC Forum-Announced Support for Bathroom Opening
- Street Theater and/or Radio Play by Nutcracker Nick
- Local ACLU’s Latest Appeal
- Public Protests and Education Regarding Candidate/Official 24-Hour Accessibility
- More Mid-Summer Sidewalk Tabling, Senior Citizen Organizing, & Bathroom Bravado at Public Forums
- An Action Around City Council’s Concealed Winter Shelter Shutdown, Back Off from the CarPark and the Implications of the Boise Court of Appeals Decision here.
- Reviewing the Candidate Cavalcade for Shitty Council: Two Proposed Homeless Forums by Councilmember Krohn versus Warming Center’s Brent Adams
- Individual visits asking to use the Louden Nelson bathroom, then filing complaints.
Blasts from Bathrobespierre Robert:
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-cruz/
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at 101.3 FM and freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html