Some HUFF suggestions for today’s Conscience & Action meeting:
- Louden Nelson Bathrooms Still Locked to the Community–Document Survey and Next Steps–Taking the Issue to Martin Bernal & Iseth Rae
- Stepping up the Louden Nelson Bathroom Struggle: More Mid-Summer Sidewalk Tabling, Senior Citizen Organizing, & Examining Buried Documents
- San Lorenzo Park Bathroom Open or Shut? and the Broader Anti-Homeless Architecture & Policies There https://www.facebook.com/
Downtown-Santa-Cruz-Bathroom- Task-Force-886531701404169/ https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=5eJG_ER74hE&feature=youtu.be
- Food Not Bombs Under Attack–AB2178 to Restrict Charitable Food Giveaways
- Candidate, Bureaucrat, and Officeholder Accountability: Demanding Public Access
- Library Demolish: Stopping the Premature Burial
- Resuscitating the Santa Cruz Switchboard
- Violence Against the Unhoused: Recent Deaths and Van Victims
Other News Compliments of Jubilant Julie Schaul:
2018/07/31/mountain-view- safeway-calls-police-on- african-american-woman-giving- food-to-homeless/
northwest/washington-church- offers-safe-parking-to-people- living-in-cars/article_ a35ed7c9-0971-57c1-9eac- 2f71dad0ebc3.html
- Association of Church Communities Public Meeting on Its Stalled RV Camping Program 5 PM August 2nd Thursday at the Red Church Cedar & Lincoln
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
Next HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] meeting: Wednesday, 8-8-18 AM at the Sub Rosa next to the Bike Church.