Some HUFFish suggestions for today’s Conscience & Action meeting:
- Louden Nelson Bathrooms Still Locked to the Community–State of the Petitions, Meeting with the Masters, On-Line Petition, the Rental Option
- Stepping up the Louden Nelson Bathroom Struggle: More Mid-Summer Sidewalk Tabling along Laurel or In Front, Senior Citizen Organizing, & Direct Bathroom Use
- Winter Shelter “Increase” Hoax”–the Latest Fables from City Council
- Food Not Bombs Under Attack–AB2178 to Restrict Charitable Food Giveaways
- Candidate, Bureaucrat, and Officeholder Accountability: Demanding Public Access: Bringing It to the Candidate Forums & to the Streets
- Racial Profiling: the Current Case of Errol Hepburn
- Library Demolish: Stopping the Premature Burial
- Resuscitating the Santa Cruz Switchboard
- Violence Against the Unhoused: Recent Deaths and Van Victims
- Van Theft: the Crackdown on RV’s
- Rent Ripoff’s: Confronting the City’s Failure to Confront Landlords in Violation
Other News Compliments of Jubilant Julie Schaul:
- “City Council Votes Its Share of $30 Million–Programmed Shelter for the Few”, Less Than Last Winter for the Many: https://www.ksbw.com/article/
santa-cruz-homeless- encampment-may-last-through- winter/22856696
- Fighting the RV Ban in Salinas: https://youtu.be/nubil_jQfHE
- Salinas/Monterey County Homeless Union News and Blues: https://m.facebook.com/
SalinasMonterey-County- Homeless-Union- 1871028776552027/
- Write Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Letters to media regarding the Louden Nelson bathroom closure; Call 423-4833 and Sign the Petition Demanding Reopening!
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
Next HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] meeting: Wednesday, 9-5-18 11 AM at the Sub Rosa next to the Bike Church.