Some HUFFish suggestions for today’s Conscience & Action meeting:
- Damn Louden Nelson Bathrooms Still Locked to the Community–More Petitioning, Meeting with the Masters, On-Line Petition, the Rental Option
- Preparing for the September 25th 4 PM City Hall Protest: More Mid-Summer Sidewalk Tabling along Laurel or In Front, Senior Citizen Organizing, & Direct Bathroom Use
- Winter Shelter “Increase” Hoax”–No Change in the Latest Fables from City Council; Rumors of AFC Shelter Management
- Applicability and Local Follow-Up in the Martin v. Boise 9th Circuit Court Decision Overturning 24-Hour Sleeping Bans and No Lodging Laws
- Monitoring the Mischief Makers: City Council Candidate Forum Tonight at 6:30 PM at the SCPD Community Room
- Food Not Bombs Still Under Attack–AB2178 to Restrict Charitable Food Giveaways
- Candidate, Bureaucrat, and Officeholder Accountability: Demanding Public Access: Bringing It to the Candidate Forums & to the Streets
- Racial Profiling: Hepburn Run Down by Police and Headed for Court
- Referendum Against Library Demolition: Blocking the Premature Burial
- City Council Crackdown: Confronting the Hockman arrest, the Norse Audio Warning, and other Terrazas Terribles
Other News Compliments of Jubilant Julie Schaul:
- San Jose Student Homeless Housing Crisis: https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.
com/video/3849219-activists- call-for-help-for-homeless- san-jose-state-students/
- Friendly Cop Compassion or Homeless Dumping? :https://www.modbee.com/news/
- Santa Cruz Notables Talk About Covering Their Ass in light of the Martin v. Boise Ruling: http://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/social-affairs/20180910/ santa-cruz-may-update- homeless-no-camping-law-in- wake-of-federal-ruling
- Write Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Letters to media regarding the Louden Nelson bathroom closure; Call 423-4833 and Sign the Petition Demanding Reopening!
- Back up homeless efforts to organize in support of Winter Survival
Next HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] meeting: Wednesday, 9-19-18 11 AM at the Sub Rosa next to the Bike Church.