CONSCIENCE AND ACTION IDEAS 3-6-19
- Any Prep for the 2 PM Legal Forum Out at Camp Ross? Hand-out sheets?
- Upcoming City Council March 12th – Norse Interviews Mayor 3-8 1 PM Questions for her?
- “Closed Bathrooms” Tony Elliot Presentation & Actions to Follow Friday 3:30 PM Meet
- Wresting the $10 million from poverty pimps: News on the HEAP, HAP, or COC HQ.
- Latest RV Harassment Update: Coastal Commission Pressure, Buddy Solidarity, Council Action, Specific Complaints & Flyer Distribution, Follow-Up Letter to Mills
- Continuing Documentation of the Shelter Deficit For the Broader Homeless Community
- Emergency laundry and shower access for the broader homeless community and Ross.
- Action targeting a real estate profiteer in conjunction with tenant organizations
- Supporting UCSC Student RV Dwellers in the SNAIL Organization; Outreach to Dem Soc
- Conscience and Action items unfinished of interest to HUFFsters
- Assessment of Ross Camp Situation Given Fire and Recent Death + Upcoming Council
- Council Speeches for 3-12:
- RV Harassment Report from Cynthia and Alicia
- RV living elsewhere; Reports from Elsewhere (San Diego’s Law)
- Prepping for the Concentration Camp Solution; Homeless Dumping Out of Town
- Organizing Ross Camp Support and Satellite Camp Expansion
- Council Procedure Changes Proposed? Public Agenda Meetings ?
- Possible Update on Berkeley activists defending People’s Park against new attacks.
- FRSC Meeting with Mayor Martine Watkins Friday 1 PM: Any Questions?
- Tenants in Trouble—demanding real data from the Task Farce, organizing with students, renters, elderly, disabled groups to establish mutual power and solidarity.
- Library Situation: Monitoring the Mischief
- SCPD: demanding revelation of surveillance devices throughout the City, police records on use of force, selective enforcement, tasering, DHS/ICE collusion, racial profiling. Protests to open the property room during regular SCPD hours daily. NO RESPONSES
- MHCAN report: HUFF movement to support restoration of services.
- Right to Rest Law on State Model as a City Ordinance
- Sherry Conable Memorial 7 PM Friday March 8 Peace United Church 900 High St.