HUFF Agenda Suggestions
Start at 11 AM
Coffee Free Meeting in Courtyard not Indoors.
With City Council and the powerful City Manager refusing to respond to three separate calls for defunding our overamped police. Two regular June Council meetings had an overwhelming majority of voices at the Oral Communications period calling for fundamental change—and that was repeated last Thursday June2nd at the contrived “Special Meeting”. Public protest demanding these changes was shown by the five and a half hour long protest and march from the Town Clock to the Boardwalk and back.
LIKELY AGENDA ITEMS-
- A HUFF mini-protest, tabling, encampment, or march to a Policy Maker’s House or Business.
- Discussion of the HUFF response to the proposed Vendor Ban cited on the 7-2 Agenda.
- Co-ordination with BLM, Dem Socialists, Glover-Krohn progressives and other new groups concerned with Civil Rights, Renter Protection, Social Services and Public Access in Santa Cruz
- Status Report on the CDC-disapproved Group Shelters which are Santa Cruz’s main duck-and-dodge response to the Project Roomkey funding, leaving hundreds of vulnerable houseless people at risk
- Info Gathering and Protest at St. Francis Soup Kitchen for Recent Discrimination
- Olive and Delaware Street Organizing and Support of Vehicular Residents Under Fire
- Return of the print edition of the Street Spirit newspaper
- Psychiatric authority seizure of a HUFF member (Angel) and her removal to Fremont
|Scotts Valley: Black Lives Matter Peaceful Protest Thursday July 9 5:30 PM|
5:30pm: Meet at Skypark, 361 Kings Village Rd, S.V.
Arrive at MacDorsa Park 6 PM
Open Mike + Speakers|
Bring water, sunscreen, a sign, and comfortable shoes. Masks Required
Black Lives Matter SLV
Saturday July 11 10 AM
Meet at San Lorenzo Valley High School, 7105 Hwy 9, Felton
March to Brookdale Lodge
Paddle Out for Tamario Smith
Saturday July 11th 6pm Worldwide Solidarity in Surfing Honoring the dead from police brutality or misconduct
Bring mask and flowers/petals to offer in ceremony. Organized by Indigenous Surf Club, in affiliation with Barrios Unidos, Black Girls Surf, and Black Lives Matter Movement in Santa Cruz
The HUFF website is still under reconstruction. Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides shows are still being netcast Thursdays 6-8 PM and Sundays 9:30 AM – 3 PM at freakradio.org and some archives are available. Volunteer assistance is badly needed. Bring your reports for rebroadcast on the net at Free Radio Santa Cruz (freakradio.org) either to the meeting or call in at 831-423-4833.