Free Radio Santa Cruz still offers a reward of $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
Tonight’s show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
On the show today:
Will the Watkins Minority-Rule at Council Force the Closing of the Ross Camp through Agenda Manipulation…Again?
- Showdown at City Council Tuesday February 26th: Deconstructing the Agenda
Teaching Poor Folks Legal Self-Defense with Attorney Anthony Prince at the Conscience and Action meeting with next Wednesday’s 2 PM Workshop
- Memorial to Three Who Died in Salinas with Doug Dunn
Flashback to March 15, 2015 with
- Red Church Roughtalk
- Stay Away Order Expansion at City Council–Deepening Repression
- Bad News from the Berkeley “Progressives”
- “Wild and Wooly” Warren West on the failed 180/180 Program
- Salinas Slimesurfing with Bill Black
- Sherry Conable at City Council
- “Don’t Duck’ Dan MacMullan Covers Berkeley
News Nesteggs from Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & Bathrobespierre Robert:
- Pushing Unpaid Labor for a Few Homeless Volunteers–the (Sweep the) Street Team: https://youtu.be/emHKw4DYf3Y (30 minutes into the Felton PovertyPimp TalkieTalkie file)
- Seaside City Council Bureaucrats Divide the HEAP Booty: :
- Starving the Poor Into Housing–Cutting off Food to the Unworthy: https://www.latimes.
com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-dana- point-homeless-20190223-story. html
- The True Result of Dispersing Ross Camp–A Lesson from L.A.: http://m.startribune.com/more-
homeless-people-die-of- hypothermia-in-sunny-l-a-than- new-york-city/506271562/
- Pie-in-the-Sky Promises in Santa Cruz as the Ross Camp Shutdown Process Continues: https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/02/23/santa-cruz- leaders-to-review-homeless- solutions-camp-alternatives/
- Charity or Cheap Labor–A Question for Austin Activists: https://communityimpact.com/
austin/central-austin/city- county/2019/02/22/new-program- to-turn-austins-homeless- panhandlers-into-downtown- street-vendors-could-launch- by-end-of-summer/
- Speaking Loud Outside City Hall to the Homeless on the City’s Attack on the Ross Camp, RV’s, and Folks Outside 6:15 PM City Hall Tuesday 2-26-19. Bring Signs, Blankets, and Bodies.
- Challenging the Mayor’s Agenda & Council 7 PM right after.
- 2 PM 2-27-19 Ross Camp: Attorney Anthony Prince of the state-wide Union of the Homeless and Marysville’s Brian Brown Outline “Suing the City’s Hardhearts…when they steal your stuff.”
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Survival Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers–Winter Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in a 2nd spot
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Refugees Outside in Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!