Free Radio Santa Cruz still offers a reward of $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
On the show today:
People’s Attorney Anthony Prince Pep Talks the Ross Camp
- Assorted Interruptions by Bathrobespierre Robert Norse with Newsy Tidbits
The “Progressive” Berkeley City Council Bans RV’s
- Following the Follies with Berkeley’s First They Came for the Homeless Vet Mike Zint
- Probing the Cummings’ Council with Lone Tenant Warrior Cynthia Berger
Flashback with selections from the April 5, 2015 with
- The Earlier Attack UCSC Goes After the Trees in People’s Park
- “Bearcat” Bullshitting–Commentary on Reactionary “Lane” Council’s Business-as-usual
- Lighthouse Linda Lemaster Deconstructs False Poverty Programs
- Street Reports–the Down’s…and the Further Down’s.
- Catch the whole unexpurgated show at http://radiolibre.org/brb/
News Nesteggs from Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & “Look on and Laugh” Lee:
- Why All Those Damned Homeless in Santa Cruz? Three Guesses…: https://www.rentcafe.com/
average-rent-market-trends/us/ ca/santa-cruz-county/santa- cruz/
- Why Do Those Accursed Beggars Gather Here? Why, Oh, Why!?? Chapter 2 :
- Lessons from Denmark: https://crimethinc.
com/2019/03/01/the-battle-for- ungdomshuset-the-defense-of-a- squatted-social-center-and- the-strategy-of-autonomy? fbclid= IwAR1ii9DFyl8RpbFWLdDdgGD- aiuUTT2PULyfl7NzAhUDBv9tAPsLGU zLHeE
- Still Fighting Bigotry from the Streets and Sidewalks: https://www.facebook.com/
- Ross Camp Privacy-for-Injection & Community-for-Assistance May Actually Work Better:
- Support Ross Camp and other Real Alternative Shelters on the Streets and Sidewalks of Santa Cruz!
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Survival Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Closes
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers–Winter Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in additional spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!