Conscience and Action meets at 11 AM; HUFF at 12; Sub Rosa will be doling out coffee and perhaps folks will bring edibles.
CONSCIENCE AND ACTION IDEAS 3-13-19
- Ross Camp Support for Lawsuit: Possible Thursday Brian Brown Visit
- Results of City Council–Upcoming Council March 19
- “Closed Bathrooms” Tony Elliot Presentation & Actions to Precede Late March Meeting
- Update on the $10 million from poverty pimps: News on the HEAP, HAP, or COC HQ.
- Latest RV Harassment Update: Coastal Commission Pressure, Buddy Solidarity, Council Action, Specific Complaints & Flyer Distribution, Follow-Up Letter to Mills
- Continuing Documentation of the Shelter Deficit For the Broader Homeless Community: FNB Support
- Emergency laundry and shower access for the broader homeless community and Ross.
- Action targeting a real estate profiteer in conjunction with tenant organizations
- Supporting UCSC Student RV Dwellers in the SNAIL Organization; Outreach to Dem Soc
- Conscience and Action items unfinished of interest to HUFFsters
- Assessment of Ross Camp Council and Its Council Contacts
- Council Speeches for 3-19:
- RV Survival/Organizing Report from Cynthia and Alicia
- RV living elsewhere; Reports from Elsewhere (San Diego’s Overturned Law)
- Prepping for the Concentration Camp Solution; Homeless Dumping Out of Town
- Organizing Ross Camp Support and Satellite Camp Expansion
- Push for Council Procedure Changes Proposed? Public Agenda Meetings ?
- Possible Update on Berkeley activists defending People’s Park against new attacks.
- Tenants in Trouble—demanding real data from the Task Farce, organizing with students, renters, elderly, disabled groups to establish mutual power and solidarity.
- Library Situation: Monitoring the Mischief
- SCPD: demanding revelation of surveillance devices throughout the City, police records on use of force, selective enforcement, tasering, DHS/ICE collusion, racial profiling. Protests to open the property room during regular SCPD hours daily. NO RESPONSES
- MHCAN report: HUFF movement to support restoration of services.
- Right to Rest Law on State Model as a City Ordinance
STUDENT PETITION: https://www.change.org/p/
university-of-california- santa-cruz-petition-for- houseless-students-snail- movement?utm_medium=pet_ copylink_2