STILL SEARCHING: Free Radio Santa Cruz still offers a reward of $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
On the show today:
- Assorted Interruptions by Bathrobespierre Robert Norse with Historical Lookbacks
- “Action or Else!” Alicia: New Abuses Against RVsters and a Ross Camp update
Bathrobespierre Batters the Upcoming Council Agenda on March 12th.
- Part Two of California Union of Homeless Attorney Prince’s Training Session
- Chelsea Manning Jailed–the 19th On-Line Assange Support Vigil for Julian Assange and Wikipeaks; full session at https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Poor People’s Campaign/California Homeless Union’s Coverage of the Homeless Aftermath of the Paradise Camp Fire. Full video at https://freespeech.org/
Flashback with selections from the January 18, 2015 show with
- HUFF’s 2014 scrutiny of SCPD racial and class discrimination; City Council psuedo-decorum
- Tidbit Tunes from the Santa Cruz Appropriate Musical–Urinetown
- Armored Vehicle for the SCPD? Opponents Face Down the “Bearcat” January 13, 2015
- Oral Communications from the Angry and the Puzzled at Council
- Catch the whole unexpurgated show at http://radiolibre.org/brb/
News Nesteggs from Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & “Look on and Laugh” Lee:
- Berkeley betrays its “progressive” label; Real bucks and bigotry shine through: https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/03/09/even-berkeley- says-no-more-overnight- parking-for-homeless-rv- dwellers/
- How About It, Santa Cruz?: https://www.kron4.com/news/
bay-area/san-jose-wants-to- create-safe-parking-areas-for- homeless-living-in-cars/ 1837113001
- Oh, those lazy spendthrift junkie crazy students! https://www.usnews.com/news/
education-news/articles/2019- 02-21/number-of-homeless- students-soars
- Bigotry Blastback Against New Rights for RV-dwellers: https://www.
sandiegouniontribune.com/ opinion/letters-to-the-editor/ sd-san-diego-homeless-living- cars-neighborhoods-pacific- beach-utak-20190303-story.html
- Culling the Herd: Euthanasia by Neglect on the Streets: https://www.sfchronicle.com/
bayarea/article/Aging-onto- the-street-Nearly-half-of- older-13668900.php
- Remembering Eugene Debs–a Real Socialist–vs. Militarist Bernie Sanders: https://www.tikkun.org/
- Support Ross Camp and other Real Alternative Shelters on the Streets and Sidewalks of Santa Cruz!
- Stand Up at City Council Against Homeland Security Terrorism in the Seabright Neighborhood: Mid-Afternoon March 12th
- Squeak Out During the Brief Oral Communications 7 PM 3-12
- Support Encampment Expansion 7:30 PM at City Council
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Survival Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Closes
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers–Winter Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in additional spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!