Free Radio Santa Cruz is waiting with $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
Tonight’s show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Additional archives of the two Drew Glover meetings will be posted at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
On today’s show:
- Bathrobespierre on Drew Glover’s 8-7 Small Community Meeting at the Messiah Lutheran Church
- Still More “Song for Today” Breaks off the David Rovics Website
- Glover Again Turns Down My Call He Reveal the Right-Wing “Investigation” Details
- Glover Praising Portland Homeless Encampments Versus their Expense & Absence Here
- Food Not Bombs Mealtime Meanderings by Judicious George, Diss-Me-Not Dennis Etler, & Unidentified Culprits.
- Voices from the Village on U.S. Genocide in Hiroshima/Nagasaki with Etler, Sarah Brown, and Ray & Nancy Glock-Gruneich.
- Penance from Veterans for Peace at the Town Clock on Nagasaki Saturday
- Dissecting the City Council’s August 13th Agenda With Help from Critics from Left & Center
- Chris Hedges vs. Derrick Jensen on Non-Violence
Tasty Tidbits from “Whip ‘Em Into Shape” Wes White & Bathrobespierre Robert:
- Tips on Tracking Police Misconduct from Chicago: http://invisible.institute/
- More of the Same–Why Not Here in Santa Cruz?: https://www.facebook.com/
- Weak Reasons for Opposing the Krohn/Glover Recall; Better to Call Out the Underlying Divisive Issues That need to be Exposed: https://www.indybay.org/
newsitems/2019/08/10/18825358. php (SC for Bernie Says “Don’t Sign the Recall Petition”)
- Wooing the Democrats to Oppose the Recall: https://www.indybay.org/
- Political Correctness Destroying Radical Mural: https://www.indybay.org/
- More Eyes Need to Be Covering the Crackdown! https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/?__ tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid= ARBSxDgw9PE3wwn0OWy1zkodSA23mL pZcUItBJeErAP85H_sT9kHW- YfaJLvCOW_hx3PfS_ISohiJlv1
WHAT YOU CAN DO BETWEEN SHOWS:
- Support Upcoming Protests on Demanding Decent Bathroom Access and Alleviating Concentration Camp Conditions and Wasteful Expenditures at the 1220 River St. Camp on August 29th
- Support Alternative Survival Camps and Squats in the Wake of the City Council “Away on Vacation” Abdication as Homeless People Face Police Lies and Turn-Aways from Shelter.
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit Seeking Damages–Whether you were at Ross Camp or Not: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766 or Visit the Union of the Homeless table 4-6 PM at the Saturday and Sunday Food Not Bombs Meals at the Main Post Office
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, NOT Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s–and Deter Police Harassment by being On Call to Document It.
- Additional Needs for Community Samaritans!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots, Less Cop Crackdowns
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s Day/Night Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action,Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, SNAIL, HEART Disabled Homeless People, & Power Surge Tenants Rights on Facebook
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!