On today’s 7-24-22 Show:
- Glen the sticker vendor’s update on bummer times on Beach Street
- Breathing space for Cob-on-Wood encampment in Oakland–Justice extends the TRO protecting the camp.
- Whipster Wes White on Salinas Sweeps and Political Prospects
- More on Cob-on-Wood–past and future.
- Interview with Tamara Lich’s attorney Sarah Miller on his Canadian courthouse victory https://youtu.be/Rb7stIf_KnY
Flashback to 12-25-1995
- A younger “Katzenjammer” Keith McHenry on cases against Food Not Bombs in San Francisco, Berkeley, and Sacramento
- Bathrobespierre Robert on the background behind the creation of the River St. Refugees and the dispersal of the Coral St. Open Air Shelter
- Deconstructing and denouncing bigotry in the S.C. Sentinel
- More Updates from McHenry: Attacks on FNB in Arcata, CA
- Poet Julia Vinograd’s “For Gypsy who Died”
- Listening in on the River St. Refugees in camp
- Skidmark Bob on Jahva House eviction of John and Leslie Hernandez for buying coffee for an excluded activist outside and taking it to him on the sidewalk.
- Brimstone Barbara Riverwomon–in-studio guest.
- More River St. Refugee rumblings in their New Brighton Beach roost
- Armory and Interfaith Satellite problems from clients
Brief written descriptions of many shows (so you know what you are getting into) are posted at http://huffsantacruz.org/wordpress/. You can also sign up to receive advance notice of the content of the twice-weekly shows by e-mailing email@example.com. and asking to be put on the HUFF e-mail list.
HUFF activists will be tabling in the Benchlands near the Water St. entrance 10 AM Monday 7-25 for the morning. We’ve heard rumors of impending evictions by the City with no place for the majority to go and want to get the latest news from those living there as well as sample opinion.
Join us if you’re interested in connecting with folks down there and preparing for what is likely to be a mass eviction at or near the end of the summer (or that was the promise of the City Mangler Matt Huffaker].