The May 21, 2023 show includes:
- Delaware and Shaeffer 5-20 street meeting of De Anza neighbors, anti-RV activists, and Santa Cruz Cares speakers debating next steps with Oversized Vehicle Ordinance (OVO) now enforceable law in Santa Cruz, banning nighttime parking of all vehicles 20′ or over midnight to 5 a.m. citywide (much of conversation hard to hear due to wind factor) & Bathrobespierre Robert’s commentary (much more audible)
- Darius M. gives a brief report on the Louden Nelson meeting with Mayor Keeley, Evan Morrison, and some of the public on homelessness with no mention of the Camping ordinances.
- “Step-Up” Steve Conover’s emergency phone calls on behalf of his partner Michele, then sleeping on the sidewalk in front of Coral St.
- [5-11] Interviews with Shorty, Hungry Hobo, & other evictees at the soon-to-be-demolished Sycamore Grove campsites. [hard to hear]
- [5-15] Follow up interviews with Shorty, HH, and others.
- Robert Woodleaf vs. Hurricane Helga on “homeless clutter”
- 6 Cops, a CSO, and a Canine Cop to “encourage” folks to move on, with Jeremy Leonard tight-lipped about specific vacancies.
- More assorted interviews from the refugees: Brandon, William Carpenter
The November 20th, 2011 Flashback includes:
- [11-9] Prunedale resident, Monterey radio broadcaster, and Occupy Santa Cruz supporter Denica de Foy on Occupy Santa Cruz (OSC) horizontal “leadership” and Move On‘s & local Union’s conservative co-opting.
- [11-9] Dennis OCC portapotty/bathroom shutdown by City authorities
- Bathrobespierre’s account of repressive response at City Council; Dennis’s attempt to get mellow meetings with Sheriff Wowak
- “Scope it Out” Scott Graham on the De Sal controversy
- [11-10] Structures & RVs at or near OSC, then removed by deputies; 11-19 OSC report from Mike, with protest 30 out of 40 days
- Reports from outside Santa Cruz
- Attorney Ed Frey on legal challenges against OSC.
- Criticism of Union lack of support for OSC; “Lighthouse” Linda Lemaster and “Soothsinger” Coral Brune on Disruption at OSC meetings