The November 30, 2023 show is a Flashback to May 15, 2003. It includes:
- [Musical interludes with the Jus’ Kiddin’ Santa Cruz street-banned band]
- Jeffrey Gale joins Bathrobespierre as co-host
- Gale interviews then-Sheriff Mark Tracy questioning his policy around sex offenders, bed space for drug and alcohol rehab, and more
- Bathrobespierre questions Tracy on preferential treatment given to medical marijuana provider WAMM to the detriment of the majority of medical marijuana users as well as the proposed ID cards for medical marijuana legal immunity
- Critique of the B interview
- City Council’s latest show meeting—inadequate movement on ADU’s and denouncing Bush’s Iraqi invasion
- Discussion of Recent issues: P & R underling Mia Duckette’s assaulting and jailing of Beggerbacker Becky for chalking “End the Sleeping Ban”ish slogans on the curb in erasible chalk; New Leaf sidewalk seizure; Pacific Trading Company no-sit railing creation in collusion with SCPD; Mayor Emily Reilly’s token anti-war effort;
- Jhond Golder banned from government buildings in pursuit of public records and local court “justice”.
The Sunday November 26,2023 show includes:
- Katzenjammer Keith McHenry on the upcoming City Council’s slamdunk vote on “terrorist preventing” Automatic License Plate Readers and dark doings around the city and state
- Lunchserver Leo discusses his history with Santa Cruz Food Not Bombs
- “Cage Me Not” Cooper on the preliminary steps taken before the looming demolition of her Community Survival Camp in the Pogonip
- Master Cartoonist Mike Quinn: Complaints from his Cafe Seat
- “Ceasefire in Gaza NOW!” speakers in Abbott’s Square 11-24 including “Anomaly”, Gage, Elam, Polesmi, and Aron (names approximate)
- A former Santa Cruzan in San Francisco law student’s experience with his first arrest
- Vets Line Voices (at the Thanksgiving Chowdown): Eric S., Toughtimes Thomas, Sasha, Juanito, Dreamcatcher, and Timmy B
- Cooper’s Update and Call for Support to witness and resist the 11-27 police destruction of Camp Cooper
The Flashback to May 30, 1999 includes:
- Kosovo call-out by Bathrobespierre for local response criticizing local Democratic party hacks
- Tracy D’Angelo’s report from the mini-protest in Laurel Park against the Kosovo bombing, freeing Mumia, freeing Steve Argue, and more
- Councilmember Tim Fitzmaurice on the City Council’s anti-war resolution being a good step in spite of failure to consider the historical background.
- Fitzmaurice on Rep Sam Farr’s position and history on the Kosovo bombings
- Bathrobespierre on Fitzmaurice’s bad position on the sleeping ban, violence against the homeless, and city council procedure.
- Activist Lou Rice in-studio guest on the objectives of his homeless fast including a water fountain & better food at the Homeless Services Center and his conversation with Executive Director Ken Cole.
- Biotic Bakers Brigade—which pied S.F. Mayor Willie Brown for his mistreatment of the homeless.
The November 23, 2023 show is a Flashback to June 10, 1999 including:
- Oakland City Council rejects loitering law [East Bay Express 4-23-99]
- Fort Lauderdale may ban begging after 11th Circuit Court decision
- Philadelphia ACLU and police settle homeless lawsuit on begging.
- City Councilmember Mike Rotkin, in-studio guest, grilled on the beating of local Ray Stitts, homeless guy.
- Norse proposes Rotkin take immediate action with repeal of Sleeping Ban as an immediate safety measure or emergency safety zones indoors or outdoors; Rotkin won’t act himself but says “bring me proposals”.
- Callers include Becky Johnson, Bernard Klitzner, “Merlin”, and others.
- Dispute on popularity of changing the Sleeping Ban; Rotkin’s door-to-door experience
The November 19, 2023 show includes:
- [11-6-23] Interview with former Santa Cruz City Councilman and activist Drew Glover on his struggle with a reactionary staff and Council majority.
- [11-12-23] Danny Cooper describing life in the Janus program, the 1220 River outdoor shelter, and on the Santa Cruz streets
- [11-15-23] Ryan Dieball on street life—losing and reclaiming his bicycle, observing police driving friends out into the rain, and more
- [11-18-23] Helga reporting on proposed eviction of Cooper D’Angelo’s camp threatened for November 27th.
The Flashback to May 16, 1999 includes:
- Puck reports on police ignoring sidewalk camping for the Star Wars theater line
- “Dead On” David Silva’s push for Immediate Safety Zones given the recent brutal attacks on homeless folks
- Beach Flats resident Phil Baer on Mayor Beiers plan to bulldoze housing for the Dolphin-Lee project
- Rev. John L. Phillips from the Metropolitan Community Church speaking out against the bombing of Kosovo
- C.J. Stock’s account of the “trollbuster” beating of Joe Barker
- Willow Symonds on the occupation of Sam Farr’s office against the Kosovo war featuring testimony from Phil Baer, Steve Argue, Jim Cosner, and others.
Special 2 ½ hour Interview: Dissident Mama scrutinizes Kylan de Gatelli (aka Foundring), Santa Cruz jazz pianist and satirical singer, banned from you-tube for “misinformation” on COVID and savage criticism of political officials (at https://odysee.com/@DissidentMama:a/foundring:9)
The November 16, 2023 show is a Flashback to May 9, 1999. It includes:
- On the 24th Day of homeless client Lou Rice’s fast demanding better conditions at the Homeless (Lack of) Services Center m [HLOSC], callers support assisting transporting leftover UCSC to the HLOSC hungry, supporting Rice’s fast in other ways, and providing fasting advice.
- Local resident Norma Tasker and others speak at the Town Hall Meeting of the Beach Area Working Group on Mayor Beiers’ pet proposed Dolphin-Lee project
- 7 points of Lou Rice’s hunger strike begun April 15th
- Call for downtown demos against the Sleeping Ban
- Bob Lamonica denounces former D.A. Art Danner’s corruption
- News stories: D.A. Won’t Charge Cops in River Side Killing (SF Examiner 5-8-99); Depleted Uranium Poses Toxic Threats to Soliders & Civilians
- Linda Lemaster on changes allow good samaritan giveaways by groceries and restaurants
- Bathrobespierre caws at the CPRB [Civilian Police Review Board] and its cover for cops
- Justman Jim Costner on the anniversary of the 1982 Philadelphia cop massacre of the MOVE collective.
The Sunday, November 12, 2023 show includes:
The February 24, 2010 Flashback contains:
- Flashback within a Flashback to October 22, 1988–Anti-Sleeping Ban activist Charles Grey interview
- Curbhugger Chris Doyen on street life and his positive view of the “Hospitality” hosts and critical view of the SCPD’s Officer Winston
- A critic of the Homeless (Lack of) Services Center calls foul of food filching by staff
- Article on Boulder, CO changes in Sleeping Ban law
- Jeremy Casmir, arrested, released after violent detention: https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/02/06/18637203.php?show_comments=1#18652608
- Some beats and bleats from Drum Circle Dave
- Reviewing Q & A from Mayor Riot Act Rotkin on the Subversive Sidewalk Singing Bust and the Metro Cop Crackdown
- The Obama Wars: “The 7 Paragraphs That Shook US/Uk Ties” and “Obama Takes a Blue Principle for the Bill of Rights”
- Mark Merin and SHOC (Sacramento Homelessness Organizing Committee) struggle for Safe Ground for Sleepers there.
The November 9, 2023 show is a Flashback to November 21, 2010 including:
- Steve Pleich (rhymes with “h”) co-hosts.
- Brief History of the Homeless (Lack of) Services Center (currently known as Funding Matters or more commonly Housing Matters).
- Pleich’s report on Santa Cruz Neighbors forum at the police station
- “Battleweary” Bob Patton on struggle to reopen the Vet’s Hall
- “Drum Circle” Dave on the Pretend-empkin Bathroom on Soquel
- Ray on labyrinth requirements for Proposition 36 paperwork; Officer “Fat Ticket Book” Forbus misusing the “Move Along” law?
- Santa Barbara: the 100,000 homes movement; ACLU’s abandoned anti-camping ban lawsuit
- John Valley and attorney Misloff successfully defeat 647e anti-lodging prosecution
- Systemized attack on the PC2010—a review; the new SCPD Chief Vogel’s checkered background
- Fresno’s latest assault on the homeless; San Francisco Sit/Lie Ban—a conservative merchant critic
The November 5, 2023 show includes:
The Flashback to August 1, 2010 includes (roughly):
- Curbhugger Chris Doyen & Beggarbacker Becky Johnson review warnings from Lt. Plagerman last night at PeaceCamp 2010.
- Razor Ray and Lighthouse Linda on legal strategies
- Deputies confront PC2010 protest founder attorney and sleepcriminal Ed Frey
- [throughout ] numerous pieces from the Capitol Steps satirical musical group
- Observers Malcolm McGowan and Marge Thornhill inspired to stay the night at PC2010
- [8-1] Follow-Up report from Curbhugger on PC2010 goings on
- Daniel Ellsberg’s Wikileaks Wish List and other reports from foreign war zones
- Interviews from Ronee Curry’s Chess, Beans, & Burritos table with a UCSC sexual abuse researcher
- Oral Communications at a Recent City Council meeting
- Ronee brings the Drum Circle to PC2010
- Pacific Ave. & PC2010sters on July 29th.–Z Moon, Pizzalover, and Terrorist #7
The November 2, 2023 show is a Flashback to July 25, 2010.
- Troublesome Thomas Leavitt and Bathrobespierre Robert Norse reviewing Motormouth (Mayor) Mike Rotkin and the last City Council antics including the Rental Inspection Ordinance
- [7-13] Earlier Curbhugger Chris at PeaceCamp2010 (33 sleepers last night) PeaceCamp2010.blogspot.com
- [7-25] 45 Sleepers last night—update from Curbhugger.
- [7-12] Curbhugger’s report of being excluded from the Courthouse corridors after he pursued guards who stole the PC2010 flag with a camera
- Kathy Bugker from Nashville Homeless Power Project in Tennessee calls in, 4-time homeless woman.
- Spilly Chilly, aka Sandra Leigh, Community TV host, on corporate shake-up there.
- Brief Robert Whitaker, psychiatric researcher, on you-tube and R.C. & Leigh, psychiatric survivors.
- Curbhugger and Beggerbacker Becky Johnson discuss the Flag seizure and Courthouse exclusion further.
The contemporary segment of the Sunday October 29, 2023 includes:
- The Investigator, a radio play from Canada satirizing Joseph McCarthy and his “anti-communist” investigations of the early 1950s
- [songs by Ryan Harvey at various intervals throughout]
- “If I Had a Rocket Launcher” two versions—one by Ryan Harvey and the original by Bruce Cockburn
- The ancient struggle of Westside De Anza Mobile Home Park residents for Rent Control and their okaying City persecution of Oversized “Homes on Wheels”–an exchange between Bathrobespierre Robert and Battling Bob Lemonica
- A call-in to Russell in Dominican Hospital, recovering from a stroke
- A Preacher on Pacific and Dancing Tom
- Malaki—gathering petition signatures to legalize healing psychedelics
- Towntalk from Thomas
- Jawboning with Jackie
- Intro to the following Flashback
The Flashback to August 8, 2010 includes:
- PeaceCamp2010 supporter and witness reports night of 8-7 arrests and citations in front of the County Building
- Night of 8-6 – 8-7: audio of PC2010 consternation over 647e Unlawful Lodging citations for peaceful protests
- Nina Millican, UCSC student, and Gillian Greensite, former UCSC rape Counselor, and the dissolving of Greensite’s 30-year rape prevention program
- Curbhugger Chris Doyen—out of jail—reports on prior night’s raid by phone; arrestee Christine’s account.
- Greensite on Rape Stats regarding homeless, SCPD blocking Council from considering 2006 CCPVAW report through staffer Kathy Agnon; SCPD PRster Zack Friend declines to answer key questions; caller Free encourages counselors to advise homeless folks;
- In-studio guest Lighthouse Linda Lemaster from PC2010 on latest “protest during business hours only” directive
- 8-7 Audio of PC2010; PeaceCamper Collette Connolly’s account; Chris Doyon on jail conditions.