The 12-04-22 show includes:
- 11-29 “Grin A-Plenty” Grant Wilson, activist and artist speaks of community and activism, past and present.
- “The Increased Normalization of Police Murderbots Probably needs more Attention.” https://caityjohnstone.medium.com/the-incremental-normalization-of-police-murderbots-probably-needs-more-attention-2be0cf641afa
- Kazoo and Morty on requirements for decent shelter
- Michael Mogley—world-traveling grunge singer
- “Manny”–Wakened at midnight
- SC Holiday Parade (12-3)–Smooth-Tongued Steve Pleich
- Calia, Lydia at Food Not Bombs float
- Glen the sticker vendor and permits galore
- Bathrobespierre on KSQD Krohn’s “Talk of the Bay”
- Deconstructing in part the misleading & out-of-date Santa Cruz Free Guide: https://www.santacruzfreeguide.org/static/pdfs/SC060922_eng.pdf
- Scurrilous songs by the fulsome Foundring—right-wing raunch galore
Any tickets, threats, or move-alongs by SCPD under “closed area”, “trespass”, “public nuisance”, “illegal lodging” or other pretexts? Let HUFF know.
Also be on the lookout for the citations under the new CSSO Camping Services and Standards Ordinance [CSSO] as well as harassment of vehicles by phony signs improperly posted in the Coastal Zone.
Volunteer for new leadership in the SC Homeless Union . Call 575-770-3377 or 431-7766 for info or time of the next meeting.
HUFF STILL MEETS NEARLY EVERY THURSDAY (NEXT MEETING 12-8) at the Sub Rosa Cafe 703 Pacific Ave. These are largely placeholder meetings that push back against the dominant anti-homeless narrative the City uses along with it’s “everything is all right; we’re helping out” line.
VIEW VIDEOS FROM WES WHITE on his You-Tube channel (John Doe13K): THEN POST SOME OF YOUR OWN ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA.
OTHER OPTIONS to publicize police & shelter abuse: FACEBOOK, CALL HUFF (831-423-4833) FOR FRSC INTERVIEW, WRITE ESTABLISHMENT OR ALTERNATE MEDIA. Or contact Bathrobespierre Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEEP YOUR PHONE CHARGED AND HANDY TO RECORD UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTERS OR INCIDENTS YOU WITNESS PARTICULARLY IF AND WHEN POLICE WARN YOU YOU’LL BE SWEPT.
DON’T WAIT FOR THE ACLU, the SC Homeless Union, or HUFF TO TURTLEWALK INTO ACTION. LEARN YOUR RIGHTS, USE THEM, TALK WITH OTHERS, & PUBLICIZE.
COMMENT on the Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom facebook page or at www.indybay.org/santacruz where Bathrobespierre posts occasional announcements and stories.
Back copies of Ursula’s Utterances: Now actually under construction! Soon to be available for comment and commentary on many past shows.