REWARD STILL WAITING! HELP BUILD REAL COMMUNITY RADIO !
Free Radio Santa Cruz
stands ready to dole out $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio
space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or
out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space
where we can put up an antenna–a backyard,
a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so
we can help you!
Today’s show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html
ON THE SHOW
- Katzenjammer Keith’s “End of the Month” Food Not Bombs Local Update
- 11-10 SC Homeless Union Sidewalk meeting with Crystal, Merryweather Mike, George, Jennai
- Me and Jed Witnessing 11-10 Police Seizure of a Latino Enrique Martinez Sanchez Outside Ross Dress for Less Me
- 11-7 Katzenjammer deconstructs “Housing Matters”, the new Homeless Lack of Services Center [HLOSC] Brand
- 11-12 City Council Oral Communications selections with Elise, Steven Stewart, Susan Worth, Alicia Kuhl, Crystal Olson, & More
- Norse croons a few stanzas of “Downtown” song with Homeless lyrics
- 11-19 Aaron Hosmer of Davenport on his Eviction Ordeal
- Recipe for beating rats at 1220 River: Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda
- 11-17 Travis on Bonny Hill’s death, Gen-I on suicidal Mary on highway
- Wes on Robert “Red” Mooring’s Death
- “Reckoning Now!” Ricardo Lopez latenight report at Music Corner outside New Leaf
- Bits of Info Overheard at the Louden Nelson Thanksgiving Meal
- Thanksgiving at the Vet’s Hall: Carol, Mama Shannon, et. al.
FLASHBACK TO 12-24-2015
- O’Neill on value of Santa Cruz NA
- Phone Interview with Senior NLCHP Attorney Tristia Bauman
- Stan Freberg’s “Green Christmas”
HLOSC’s Memorial for the 2015 Homeless Dead
DOCUMENTING THE LIES THAT BETRAYED SHELTER FOR 70-100 PEOPLE ON NOVEMBER 15TH
- Historical Reminders: The Watkins Minority Liberalizing Measures and Sets the Stage for the Unconstitutional Destruction of the first Ross Camp: http://scsire.cityofsantacruz.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=1166&doctype=MINUTES
City’s Own Standard Operating Procedures Ignored and Violated: http://scsire.cityofsantacruz.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=1166&doctype=AGENDA
documents attached to Item 15.4)
Mills’s reassurance that Camp Phoenix (the SC Union-managed Camp at Ross) could not be removed without due process:
(paragraphs 3 & 4)
Locally or Regret Repeatedly
Check out Santa Cruz Homeless Union [SCHU] Homeless Art Show 12:30 PM Sunday December 1st, basement of the Vet’s Hall.Free showing of The Public where Cincinatti Homeless take over a library in freezing weather 3 PM Wednesday December 4th
Join SCHU Activists confronting the Community Advisory Committee on Homelessness (CACH) Tuesday 12-3 6 PM at Harbor High School.Hold accountable City Hall NIMBY enablers at all public meetings: Former Mayor Martine Watkins, New Mayor Justin Cummings, City Manager-for-Life Martin Bernal, His Wrecking Crew of Abuse Enablers Susie O’Hara and Megan Bunch, Police Chief Andy Mills, & City Attorney Tony Condotti for Inciting the Ross Camp Destruction, Subsequent Deaths, & the Friday Nov 15th Demolition of Camp Phoenix (the renewed Deseire Memorial Survival Encampment in back of Ross) with a campaign of lies to the community regarding “adequate shelter options”. Remember Deseire Quintero–Killed by City Indifference, Negligence, and Malice in Closing the First Ross Camp Without Any Adequate Shelter! Support Survival Campgrounds, Empty Building Takeovers This Winter Wherever They Happen. Demand opening up buildings for Winter Shelter as well as an end to harassment citation of folks surviving outside under “trespass on public property”, “closed area”, “public nuisance” and “blocking the sidewalk” pretexts;
Witness, oppose, and document police and ranger harassment using “closed areas”, “blocking the sidewalk”, “public nuisance”, “public trespass”, and “illegal lodging” to get around the Boise v. Martin “No shelter? No tickets!” decision.
Demand City Manager “Mangler” Martin Bernal and SCPD Police Chief “Ambushmaster” Andy Mills account for their destruction of Camp Phoenix ignoring City Council’s required Standard Operating Procedures for closing encampments. Bernal and Mills oversaw the Unauthorized Shutdown of Camp Phoenix, the Quintero Memorial Survival Campground Supported by the Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless on November 10th, Swept Away by Police on November 15th without warning, notice, or adequate shelter. Subsequently Bonny Hill, an elderly woman, was found dead the morning of November 17th.
Sign up at the SCHU Table at the Food Not Bombs meals to find more direct and effective ways to support the next homeless-run encampment. Contact the Union at 831-431-7766. Union meets 5 PM Sundays at Front & Water St. Phone: 431-7766 DONATE SURVIVAL GEAR SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS AT FOOD NOT BOMBS
Document Homeless Discrimination & Sign Up for Direct Action to “Open the Bathrooms Now!” Action by contacting the SC Union, HUFF, Conscience & Action, or the Give-A-Shit Campaign Provide Direct Support to Survival Camps & Squats as City Council Ignores the Winter Shelter Emergency; Skip the Poverty Pimp Entrepreneurs
Post Your Documentation of Police and Ranger “Move Along” Mischief or Pass it on to Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766 Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, NOT Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s–and Deter Police Harassment by being On Call to Document It.
Additional Needs for Community Samaritans!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots, Monitor and Expose Cop Crackdowns Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s Day/Night Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action,Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation. Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, SNAIL, HEART Disabled Homeless People, Power Surge Tenants Rights, Bay Area Landless People’s Alliance, and moreon Facebook..then go out and do something!
Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-cruz/ Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future. Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833. If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!