HELP RETURN FREE RADIO TO THE AIR ! STUDIO SITE REWARD STILL AVAILABLE !
Free Radio Santa Cruz stands ready to dole out $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). We’re also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
Today’s show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html
HEAR MAYOR JUSTIN CUMMINGS NAYSAY at http://huffsantacruz.org/lost/26m%20Cummings%20Interview%202-3.MP3
CHECK OUT CHIEF MILLS PUSHING HIS “DISAPPEAR HOMELESS ENCAMPMENTS” PROGRAM BEFORE THE REACTIONARY SANTA CRUZ NEIGHBORS VIGILANTE GROUP at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vi1QGWgK0
REVIEW THE LATEST DOCUMENTS IN THE SLEEPING BAN STRUGGLE at https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/01/18830292.php
TODAY’S SHOW INCLUDES:
- Fresno Interview with survival activist Desiree Madrano Martinez
Residents Criticize City Council over anti-homeless boulders:
- Phone chat with Michael Barry, Environmentalist Tenting on Pacific Ave.
Gloomy Preview of Tuesday’s Shitty Council Meeting
- Many Voices at 2-16 S.C. Homeless Union (full meeting archived at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html)
- Brief Belch of the CACH 2-18 (Council’s Cover-Up Advisory Committee on Ignoring Homeless People) (more commentary on line in Lost Show archives as well as the full wearisome meeting)
- Exchange with CACHster Rafa Sonnefeld at next day’s HUFFmeet 2-19 (full HUFF meeting in the archives) High noon in the last days of the Cooper Post Office Encampment 2-21 with Kindheart Cooper, Roust-me-not Russell, Smilin’ Sergeant Jones, & Razor Ray
- Cops & Rangers Return to Remove the Rest of Camp Cooperville Three Hours Later
- Speaking with the Strike Supporters: 4th Year Women Sound Off: Tameye, Haley, Bridget, & More
- Interviewing the Humble and the Haughty: Ryan Shapiro, “Rashid”, “C”, Mayor and Question-Ducker Justin Cummings, Salinas Homeless Union photojournalist Wes White
- a https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/22/18830903.php UCSCsters defy administration ultimate, continue vote to strike on
- Legas Anti-Homeless Ordinance Enforcement Begins: https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/02/17/lvho-f17.html?\
- Cal Trans Berkeley and Yuba City Legal Victories—Restitution for Stolen Property: https://kairoscenter.org/california-homeless-union-marysville-victory/ https://www.aclunc.org/news/class-action-lawsuit-against-caltrans-homeless-sweeps-moves-forward
- Eyes on the Action: Freedom’s Report on the 2-22 Housing Demo: https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/22/18830908.php
Act Locally or Regret Later
SC Homeless Union Says It Meets 5 PM on the Sidewalk Near the Post Office Today (2-23)
Join Re-Scheduled Early Rising Outdoor Survivors at City Hall 7:30 AM Tuesday 25 to Educate Councilmembers & Staff on Homeless Survival Needs, Resist the Recall, & Quaff Coffee at the 2nd Klitzner Memorial Koffee Klatch.
Mix it Up with the dwindling band of HUFFsters at the Wednesday 2-26 HUFF (Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom) meeting noon at the Sub Rose Cafe next to the Bike Church.