HUFF Proposals for 2-26-20
Announcements Norse Updates (Clippings) Street and Camp Reports Council Report
FOLLOW-UP ON PAST ACTIONS
***Report on Tuesday’s Koffee Klatch
***Posner/Pleich Letter & Response: HUFF thoughts?
*** Any Follow up on SCPD Earlier Demands; Latest Incidents
*** Strike Follow-Up, Flyering, Contacts
*** Contact List Work; Fox Report—Camps, Occupations, Protests, New Additions
*** Strike Update & Campus Distribution of HUFF Flyers
POSSIBLE FUTURE EVENTS:
*** Survival Camp Coffee: Taking the Java to where folks live. With music?
***Anti-Recall—March 1st Benefit by Folksinger Mark Levy
*** Upcoming SCPD anti-homeless organizing: Mon March 9th DeLaveaga Elementary 6-7:30 PM Wed March 11th Louden Nelson 6-7:30 p.m. Thurs March 12th Peace United Church 6-7:30 p.m.
FUTURE POSSIBLE MINI-GROUP ACTION ITEMS:
*** Koffee Klatch Next Tuesday Petitioning City Manager’s to Follow Gov’s Plan w/ Camp Phoenix
*** Alternatives: P & R Office Wait-In (BYO Chairs) to get Eliot to stop ‘Stay-Away” Harassment
*** City Council Offices Gathering to Petition for Emergency Action on Emergency Winter Shelter
***Check out IWW Connections: https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/01/29/18830161.php
*** Public Records Updating on-Line: organizing the google site.
***Crunching Recent Requests for (a) all citations city-wide for alt-camping cites for blocking the sidewalk, being in a closed area, park after dark, public nuisance, illegal lodging, etc. for the last year;
(b) all Pacific Avenue citations for the last six months *** Appealing the 5-Year Main Beach Curfew
ACT BETWEEN MEETINGS:
Call Robert at 423-4833 for Public Records Analysis or Fox 221-6310 for Documentation & Contact
Public Meetings of Officials with Signs & Loud Questions: WHERE’S NEWSOM’S CAMPS & BLDGS IN SC?
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/04/18830361.php Another Letter to Justin Cummings
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/03/18830350.php Encampment Struggle & Suppression
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/03/18830342.php Restore Stolen Property, SCPD !
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2020/02/01/18830292.php Docs on Encampments & Civil Rights
- All Week Long: Students Fight UCSC Firing for COLA4all: Fair Wages demo at Bay & High St.
- 5:30-6:30 PM Wed 2-26 Supe Leopold meets with Happy Valley folks at library, 3125 Branciforte Dr.
- 10 & 12 AM Sat/Sun 2-29/3-1 Tabby Cat Café 1101 Cedar St. Canvas Against the Recall !
- 5 PM Sun Post Office Sidewalk—SC Homeless Union Huddle & 6 PM March to Free Mark Levy Concert
- 7 PM Concert Rio Mobile Home Park Rec Room 2120 N. Pacific Recall/HUFF benefit Free Food Likely
- Any time up to 3-3 at County Bldg or your precinct. VOTE AGAINST GLOVER/KROHN RECALL
- 7:30 PM Wed 3-4 NAACP S.C. County monthly meeting at Baptist Church 517 Center St.