HUFF members are invited to the Conscience and Action meeting today (12-5) which will merge into the HUFF meeting since last week C & A regulars were largely out of town or occupied with the holidays.
Conscience and Action usually meets every other Wednesday with the last regular meeting on November 21st.
Possible Agenda Items for Conscience and Action and/or HUFF:
- Consideration of Actions Supporting the Rent Control/Just Eviction before or at the 12-11 City Council meeting
- Reviewing and Establishing Links with Survival Campgrounds
- Review of Park Reopenings and Police/Ranger Behavior Citywide
- Prospects for a Follow-Up to the November 15 Protest
- Bathroom Battle: Follow-Up on Tony Elliot Interview and Letter
- HomeFree Organization and Independent Survival Camper Report
- Report from Berkeley’s “Neither Here Nor There” Campground and Organizing Up North
- Lawsuit Progress Up There and State-Wide in Wake of Boise and Concurrent Actions
- Union of the Homeless Update
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org every Thursday 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!