HUFF [Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom] will meet Wednesday, 4-4-18 10:30 AM at the Sub Rosa, our normal meeting place.
- River St. Campground Updates and Info Gathering– Camp Boss Susie O’Hara has released a few documents, but many are being delayed for two weeks.
- Rent Control/Just Eviction Protection updates.
- Rights of those living in tents or outside: Bill of Rights for the Houseless Outside Here
- Police violence and the Stephon Carter situation, translated in to Santa Cruz terms.
Stories & Websites of interest:
2018/04/03/what-happens-when- a-judge-calls-on-orange- county-cities-to-talk-about- housing-homeless-people/
AAAindex.html (a Copwatch site in memory of Stephon Carter)
com/home/showdocument?id=68666 (Santa Cruz Emergency Rent Freeze Law)
movementforhousingjustice.org/ freeze/ (Housing Justice’s Summary of the Santa Cruz Law)
article/heres-how-to-cop- watch/ (A Brief Intro to Copwatching)
- Support the Warming Center, Food Not Bombs, HUFF and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.