Conscience and Action meets at 11 AM; HUFF at 12; Sub Rosa will be doling out coffee and perhaps folks will bring edibles.
CONSCIENCE AND ACTION IDEAS 4-3-19
- Anthony Prince Phone Update on the Lawsuit
- Firming Up the Wednesday Night “No Place for Hatred” Ross Camp Resistance Meeting
- Prospect of a Faster Ross Camp Closing; April 10 or sooner; Helping to Organize Camp BBQ or Event
- April 9 Council Meeting Prep and Demo: the Glover Report
- Continuing to Document the Shelter Deficit For the Broader Homeless Community: Declaration Support
- Tony Elliot Meeting Report–and Follow-Up Demo? at Council or P & R?
- Update on the $10 million from poverty pimps: News on the HEAP, HAP, or COC HQ.
- RV Harassment Update: Coastal Commission Pressure, Buddy Solidarity, Council InAction, Specific Complaints & Flyer Distribution, 2-20 Haebe Records Report
- Any Progress on Emergency laundry and shower access for the broader homeless community and Ross or General Laundromat/Biz Discrimination?
- Tenant/Student Coalition Update; Prospects for Targeting a Real Estate Person
- Supporting UCSC Student RV Dwellers in the SNAIL Organization; Outreach to Dem Soc
- Announcements: Including Brief Summaries of Agenda Items
- Conscience and Action items unfinished of interest to HUFFsters
- Ross Camp Assistance for Law Suit Finalization Friday or Monday
- Glover Meets the Depot Demonizers 7 PM Depot Park Station Thursday
- RV Survival/Organizing Report from Cynthia and Alicia: the Haebe Report
- Satellite Camp Expansion to Relieve Ross Camp Pressure; Prep for April 10th & Beyond
- Push for Council Procedure Changes Proposed? Public Agenda Meetings ?
- Berkeley Report: New Attacks on RV’s; People’s Park Situation
- Tenants in Trouble—demanding real data from Council’s Task Farce, organizing with students, renters, elderly, disabled groups to establish mutual power and solidarity.
- Library Situation: Monitoring the Mischief–Investigation and Update
- SCPD: demanding revelation of surveillance devices throughout the City, police records on use of force, selective enforcement, tasering, DHS/ICE collusion, racial profiling. Protests to open the property room during regular SCPD hours daily. NO RESPONSES–Delay on the Haebe report
- MHCAN report: HUFF movement to support restoration of services.
- Right to Rest Law on State Model as a City Ordinance