REWARD ! :$300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space indoors or outside with access to bathroom, internet, and power. Free Radio Santa Cruz is also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
On the show today:
- Attorney-Activist Anthony Prince Update on “Revolutionary Law”
- Berkeley RV Resident Amber Discusses the Latest Homes-on-Wheels Ban
- ACLUster Activist Abbi Reports on Ross Camp
- Red Church Voices Rising: Mary, Eloise, Littlerat, Marty, Nasira, Ismail, Ricardo, Julie, Gregory, Maxwell, Travis, Michele, A.J., Richard W., Richard S., Jimmy Two-Guns, Bathrobespierre’s Announcements
- SCPD Mills on the Ross Camp in the Saturday Sentinel
- “Conscience & Action” Activists Return with Hard Questions for P & R Boss T. Elliot
- A Different View: Depot Park Safe-Sleeping-Spot Opponents Sharon and Kim Speak
- Ross Camp Council Dialogues with Councilmember “Gutsy But Gagged” Glover
- California Union of the Homeless Report from Anthony Prince
- Pat Colby’s Local Account at the Poor People’s Campaign SpeakOut
Blasts from the Boulevard from Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie
- Missing in Monterey County: https://www.thecalifornian.
com/story/news/2019/03/30/ monterey-county-school- district-no-data-homeless- student-census/2792654002/
- Policenapping Homeless Dogs? :https://www.cbsnews.com/news/
- Policing the Paranoia–or do the Prejudiced Need Psychiatric Help?:
- A state Restoration of Rights for the Homeless Law perhaps?
Flashback with most of the August 30, 2012 show includes:
- Street Talk with Street Musicians
- SCPD’s Bike Grab–An Analysis by Steve Schnaar
- SC 11 Updates–First Year of Freezing Activism by D.A. Bob Lee
- Schnaar on Police Actions Against Homeless Camps
- Catch the whole unexpurgated show at http://radiolibre.org/brb/
- Community Meeting For Direct Action to Support Ross Camp 7 PM Wednesday April 3 Resource Center for Non-Violence 612 Ocean
- Support Ross Camp and other Real Alternative Shelters on the Streets and Sidewalks of Santa Cruz!
- Press Conference and Protest at the Special City Council Session Tuesday March 19th 3:45 PM : Save the Ross Refugee Camp !
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere!
- Demand City Council Respect the Ross Camp Until Sweetalkin’ Susie O’Hara’s Supports Real Shelter Not Smoke-and-Mirrors Shuck ‘n Jive
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Community Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Is Demolished
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers–Winter Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in additional spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!