REWARD ! :$300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space indoors or outside with access to bathroom, internet, and power. Free Radio Santa Cruz is also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
On the show today:
- Christina Hildebrand and Beggarbacker Becky Johnson on Compulsory Vaccination
- 4-12-19 Ross Camp Press Conference with the Ross Camp Plaintiffs along with Attorney Anthony Prince & Activist Alicia Kuhl
- “Bad Boy” Brent Adams Commentary on the Ross Camp Lawsuit, the Activists, the City Council
- Some of The “Civility” Discussion at City Council 4-9-19
- Food Not Bombs Fragments from Last Month
Blasts from the Boulevard from Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & Bathrobespierre
- Read It Yourself! : the Ross Camp Residents Lawsuit to Stop the Bulldozing of the Ross Camp: https://www.documentcloud.org/
documents/5838505- QuinteroVSantaCruz.html? sidebar=false
- San Diego Sleepstealers Decree New Law: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/
news/local/City-Issues-New- Ban-on-Sleeping-in-Cars- 508513781.html
- Shifty “Security” Surveillance at East Bay Safeway–Will It Spread Here? :https://www.mercurynews.com/
- Scent-Anal Finally Mentions Ross Camp Lawsuit :https://www.
santacruzsentinel.com/2019/04/ 12/homeless-group-seeking- camp-closure-halt-in-santa- cruz-in-federal-civil-rights- case/
- Santa Cruz’s Own Fox Newsish Sentinel Steps Up the Anti-Homeless Drumbeat: https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/04/13/gateway-plaza- businesses-address-concerns- of-homeless-camp/
FLASKBACK to May 12, 1995 show includes:
- Meadowminder Mark Co-Hosting “Back 40″ Discussion with Bathrobespierre Robert
- Raising Tents During the Day at the “Back 40″ Coral St. Open Air Shelter
- Fighting Forced Daytime Removal at the Tolerated Homeless Campground
- Homeless Deaths and Anti-Homeless Violence Outside the Campground
- Demanding Autonomy and Self-Government for the Homeless at the Campground
- Negotiating with the Citizen’s Committee for the Homeless–the Property Owner
- Sitting Ban Updates—Santa Cruz’s Eric Marcus Case and Berkeley’s Proposition O
- 1994′s Deadly Downtown Ordinances
- Lighthouse Linda Lemaster Fights RV Citations Before “Meatgrinder” John Mulligan
- Lighthouse reports on the “Above the Line” Civil Liberties Subcommittee
- Catch original 1995 show at http://huffsantacruz.org/
lost/BRB%205-12-95%20Tape%201% 20side%20A.mp3 & http://huffsantacruz.org/ lost/BRB%205-12-95%20Tape%201% 20side%20B.mp3
- noon Monday April 15 Ross Camp Volunteer Clean-Up SAVE ROSS CAMP !
- 3 PM Monday April 15 Open meeting of Ross Camp Council with Drew Glover
- 4 PM Tuesday April 16 Special City Council Meeting, Presumably on Ross Camp
- 11 AM Wednesday April 17 Conscience & Action then HUFF meets at the Sub Rosa Cafe 703 Pacific next to the Bike Church
ADVISORIES FOR ADVOCATES
- Support Ross Camp and other Real Alternative Survival Camps and Squats
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Community Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Is Depopulated and “Clean-Up” Restricted
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Homeless Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Ross Camp, The Santa Cruz Community, & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on Facebook for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!