STILL AVAILABLE! REWARD ! :$300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space indoors or outside with access to bathroom, internet, and power. Free Radio Santa Cruz is also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
On the show today:
- Bathrobespierre Outlines the City’s Likely Ross Camp Agenda
- Katzenjammer Keith McHenry’s “Emergency Alert at Ross 10 AM Tuesday”
- Berkeley’s Carol Denney and Andrea Pritchett Discuss the History of the Current Crackdown on People’s Park
- Raging at the Wreckers of Ross Camp
- Susie O’Hara’s Storytelling Hour–the City Manager Spins its Tale to the Ross Camp Residents
Blasts from the Boulevard from Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & Bathrobespierre
- Brilliant Plan for SCPD! Stop arresting people for being homeless? Illegal, futile, and cruel: https://www.seattletimes.com/
seattle-news/homeless/from- homelessness-to-jail-and-back- king-county-tries-to-halt- cycle/
- Fighting for Harm Reduction in Santa Cruz: https://www.indybay.org/
- Safe Parking at UCSC–Jabber of Substance? http://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/snail-movement-homeless- ucsc-students-call-for- overnight-parking-and- administrators-are-listening
- Scent-Anal’s Usual Slanted Coverage: http://www.santacruzsentinel.
FLASHBACK to March 15, 1996 show includes:
- 15 Days Into the 8-Month Long City Hall Sleepers Vigil
- Videojournalist Patrick Lancelin on Community TV’s anti-homeless shenangans
- Debob–Peppersprayed by the SCPD?
- Skidmark Bob’s Gives a Copwatch Report on Officer Martin Over’s Backpack Thefts
- Flashy Phil Free Weighs In
- Dialogues at the Vigil
- Crossroads Chris Brozda Flayes the Homeless Community Resource Center
- Louise Santana on the SCPD Assault
- River St. Refugees Update
- Catch original 1995 show segment at http://huffsantacruz.org/
- 1-4 PM Sunday April 21 Easter Excitement at the Ross Camp with Drew Glover
- 1 PM Monday April 22 City Sues Ross Camp in Dept. 5 at 701 Ocean St.
- 3 PM Monday April 22 Open meeting of Ross Camp Council with Drew Glover
- 10 AM Tuesday April 23 ROSS CAMP ALERT FOR POSSIBLE POLICE ACTION
- 10 AM Tuesday April 23 Closed City Council Meeting on Ross Camp lawsuit
- noon or earlier Tuesday April 23 City Council Votes on #13–the Ross Camp Closure
- 11 AM Wednesday April 24 Conscience and Action/HUFF meets either at Sub Rosa or at the Ross Camp itself to be announced.
- 6-8 PM Wednesday April 24 Community Dialogue on Ross Camp at the Resource for Non-Violence at 612 Ocean St.
ADVISORIES FOR ADVOCATES
- Support Ross Camp and other Real Alternative Survival Camps and Squats
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Community Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Is Depopulated and “Clean-Up” Restricted
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Homeless Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Ross Camp, The Santa Cruz Community, & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on Facebook for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!