GRAB IT WHILE YOU CAN! —REWARD ! :$300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space indoors or outside with access to bathroom, internet, and power. Free Radio Santa Cruz is also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
Some of What’s On the Current-and-Catchy portion of today’s show:
Flashback: April 12, 2001
- Theatrical Send-Up and Challenge to the City Council’s Indifference to Basic Issues: a Substitute Council-in-the-Courtyard
- Activist Alicia Kuhl Updates Us on Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless Matters
- “Not so Nuts” Nate Kennedy Reviews the City Council Record
- The 6-11-19 Oral Communications Line-Up at City Council
- “Whip ‘Em Into Shape” Wes White on his Forthcoming Trip to D.C. to form the National Union of the Homeless
- Right-winger Ron Radosh Receives a Rare Seeger Song Denouncing Stalin
- Looking In on the Santa Cruz Indivisible “Impeach Trump” Rally on 6-15
Flashback to Camp Paradise Interview June 6, 2001 (Part 2)
- Activist Chaim Levin Interviews Camp Paradise Co-Founder Larry Templeton on Becky Johnson’s Club Cruz Community TV Show
Flashback: April 12, 2001
- Sleeping Ban Updates
- “Dead On” David Silva on Mayor Fitzmaurice’s Sleeping Ban Stagnation
- Dogged Doug McGraff Gets a Report on the Koffee Klatch 3’s Successful Subpoena of Mayor Tim Fitzmaurice
- In-studio guest Pat Kittle on his ’89 Earthquake Homeless Period, the Homeless Magnet Effect, “Better Deal for the Homeless” in Santa Cruz,
- Madheart Merlin on Justman Jim Cosner’s Smashing of the Columbus Statue in San Jose; “Hobo Lee”, Squatter Environmentalist, on Trashed Out Forests
- Sobering Satirical Songs by Cornerstone Carol Denney throughout
- Glenn Mowrer, former Chief Public Defender, on his defense of homeless folks in Santa Barbara
Boxing With Bullshit by S.C. Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & Bathrobespierre Robert
- Rushing to Spend on Poverty Pimps for a Fraction of the Poor… https://www.
santacruzsentinel.com/2019/06/ 12/temporary-homeless-sites- will-continue-operating/
- Salinas Tries Santa Cruz’s Ross Camp “Final Solution”: https://www.thecalifornian.
com/story/news/2019/06/14/ california-city-plans-to- enforce-no-overnight-camping- law-homeless-salinas-housing/ 1447679001/
- Liberal “feel good” RV assistance program: Out in the cold by the day and Jacketed as a Delinquent at Night: http://onestarfishsafeparking.
- Homeless Courts: An Old Article, But Still a Bad Idea: http://inthesetimes.com/
- Aspiring Politico Steve Pleich Champion’s the Bad Idea of Homeless Courts in Santa Cruz: http://www.thestreetspirit.
- Dispersing the Destitute–the Santa Cruz Solution Fails in Orange County–Surprise?: https://laist.com/2019/03/06/
ADVICE FOR ADVOCATES
- Support Alternative Survival Camps and Squats in the Wake of the Ross Camp Destruction
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit Seeking Damages: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766 or Visit the Union of the Homeless table 4-6 PM at the Saturday and Sunday Food Not Bombs Meals at the Main Post Office
- Prepare for Another Protest Encampment to Begin at the end of June when Funding for the Token Shelters runs out.
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, NOT Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s–and Deter Police Harassment by being On Call to Document It.
- Community and City Council Take Note!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots, Less Cop Crackdowns
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s Day/Night Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, SNAIL, HEART Disabled Homeless People, & Power Surge Tenants Rights on Facebook
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities such as restoring the access to the Louden Nelson and City Hall bathrooms as well as 24-hour bathrooms city-wide.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!