Free Radio Santa Cruz still offer a reward of $300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space with bathroom, internet, and electrical access–either indoors or out (we’ll build a structure). Help us so we can help you!
Tonight’s show streams at freakradio.org and archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html The show will likely be available early this afternoon on the archive, for those who want to hear it early. I’ll be at the CampQuest rally at the Post Office, and then at City Hall.
On tonight’s show:
- Dangers John T. Calls in from Eugene with a report on Campground Capers up there.
- “Big Drum” Brent Updates the Storage Services, Critiques the Campquest Protest, and more…
- Red Church Rough Campers Share Realities Wise and Wretched
- Beachside Greg reports on encouraging behavior from cops and rangers on the Beach
COMING UP TODAY AT 4 PM–and into the night!
JOIN HOMEFREE, HUFF, CONSCIENCE & ACTION, SANTA CRUZ CODE PINK, HOME DEPOT, HOMELESS PERSON’S LEGAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT, FOOD NOT BOMBS, WOMEN’S INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE FOR PEACE AND FREEDOM, NATIONAL LAW CENTER FOR HOMELESSNESS AND POVERTY & WESTERN REGIONAL ALLIANCE PROJECT at the main Post Office steps for a meal, speak-out, and kickoff to CampQuest 2018–the Search of Sane, Secure Sanctuary, which will then set off in search of a camping site.
Likely first stop: City Hall at City Council Chambers to speak to the Planning Commission which meets at 7 PM.
- Support the Downtown Santa Cruz Bathroom Task Force, Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.