On today’s 10-23 show:
- Day Before the November 18th Benchlands Demolition: David and Cloud Report No Notices and Police Cutting Tent Poles Early
- “Backstory” Brent Adams on the Closing of Footbridge Services
- Badnews briefs from Counterpunch’s Jeffrey St. Clair: https://www.counterpunch.org/2022/10/21/roaming-charges-duck-soup-vincent/
- “Scope it Out” Scott Graham on City Mangler Matt Huffaker’s Quarterly
On the 12-7-08 Flashback:
- Bathrobespierre and Terrible Thomas soon joined by Shadow Mayor Rotkin discuss UCSC free speech repression, homeless Sleeping Ban persecution, street performer repression & other issues.
- Copwatch Chowdown UN Human Rights Declaration 60th Anniversary SleepOut on the sidewalk in front of what is now Forever Twenty-One
- Needle exchange/HIV prevention activist Penelope Jernberg in-studio guest
- Rotkin fields criticisms of tasering those in restraints, no executive salary cuts for higher officials, over-policing downtown, heckler vetos against street singers, Metro Center repression, etc.
- More on the 12-6 Copwatch Chowdown
- Call-in’s from Germany’s Nick “Windswept” and downtown worker Beth
- City Council news and blues: critique of new Councilmember Madrigal
- Coral Brune Cruzmos—sleepban protester, Free Radio broadcaster, video documenter, and food provier on the SleepOut.
- Bill, artist and sleepcriminal, speaks from the SleepOut
Interested in helping scout out a TRO (Temporary Restraining Order] such as saved the San Lorenzo Survival Encampments in December 2020? Call HUFF at 831-423-4833. A distant hope but not completely out of reach.