On today’s 10-30-22 show:
- Deconstructing Mayor Brunner’s “report” to City Council [10-25] on the City-County Two-by-Two Committee as she covers inaction with generalities and pretty hopes.
- [10-23] Long-timer Billy Joe Lowry compares earlier times at the Benchlands with now, critiques the “alternate shelter” at the Armory & Overlook
- [10-25] Teena—a nurse’s quick sad observations;
- [10-25] Dreamcatcher interviewed on the Footbridge by the UCSC video crew and me; Rita bringing her UCSC crew to document her outrage; Law student Rebecca joins Rita’s anger.
- [10-29] “Red” on grim times (deaths, overdoses, rapes, thefts) from her personal experience in the Benchlands and ill treatment at the Armory.
- [10-29] ChoosenKnine raps on Benchlands bullshit; Monica living outside but visiting the Benchlands
- [10-29] Dreamcatcher’s “beat the bulldozers” moving plans to beat the 11-1 demolition, thoughts on Benchlands couples, and more
- [10-29] Kazoo on his early departure from the Benchlands; Justin’s caustic spotlight on SCPD abusers and kind words for Bathrobespierre.
Flashback to 11-20-05 show
- Food festival folks reportedly gathering Hurricane Katrina funds
- Poet Duck from Sacramento, Mikey Rat on squatting in Santa Cruz, Sienna from S.F. a UCSC psych student on yuppie prejudice.
- Co-Host Anita Henri reports on the new Greenway medical marijuana dispensary
- Musical interlude: “Children in a Cage” from Morgan Firestar’s No String Attached
- Leprechaun David on Potter’s Hand meals at Vet’s Hall
- Michale Jean Sullivan plays Uncle Ray in the Mime Troupe’s Doing Good–Interview
- A few verses of the HUFF song “Downtown” with S.C. Homeless lyrics
- Henri on S.C. Public Works Department’s smearing of homeless recyclers as Scavengers.
- “Scope it Out” Scott Graham on the Redemption Center Closing
- Brief bits on the Metro Strike, a critique of SEIU leadership by Tim O’Hearn