Conscience and Action meets at 11 AM; HUFF at 12; Sub Rosa will be doling out coffee and perhaps folks will bring edibles.
CONSCIENCE AND ACTION IDEAS 3-20-19
- Prep for the 2 PM Possible Rainyday Ross Legal Meeting
- Suggestions for Documentation of the Shelter Deficit For the Broader Homeless Community: FNB Support
- Council Caterwauling—Ross Camp Ouster Prep–Glover Disappoints, Cummings More So
- Upcoming Council March 26
- Still “Closed Bathrooms” Link With the Homeless Crisis and the Elliot Stalemate; end of March meeting
- Towing Tyranny in S.C.: Reforms Elsewhere
- Update on the $10 million from poverty pimps: News on the HEAP, HAP, or COC HQ.
- RV Harassment Update: Coastal Commission Pressure, Buddy Solidarity, Council Action, Specific Complaints & Flyer Distribution, 2-20 Haebe Records Stall;
- Any Progress on Emergency laundry and shower access for the broader homeless community and Ross or General Laundromat/Biz Discrimination?
- Tenant/Student Coalition Update; Prospects for Targeting a Real Estate Person
- Supporting UCSC Student RV Dwellers in the SNAIL Organization; Outreach to Dem Soc
- Conscience and Action items unfinished of interest to HUFFsters
- Ross Camp Council Report
- Assessment of Ross Camp Status in the Lawsuit Prep
- Implications of Ross Camp CoOption by City Council’s Smileface Susie
- Council Speeches for 3-26:
- RV Survival/Organizing Report from Cynthia and Alicia
- Satellite Camp Expansion to Relieve Ross Camp Pressure; Prep for April 17th
- Push for Council Procedure Changes Proposed? Public Agenda Meetings ?
- Possible Update on Berkeley activists defending People’s Park against new attacks.
- Tenants in Trouble—demanding real data from Council’s Task Farce, organizing with students, renters, elderly, disabled groups to establish mutual power and solidarity.
- Library Situation: Monitoring the Mischief–Investigation and Update
- SCPD: demanding revelation of surveillance devices throughout the City, police records on use of force, selective enforcement, tasering, DHS/ICE collusion, racial profiling. Protests to open the property room during regular SCPD hours daily. NO RESPONSES–Delay on the Haebe report
- MHCAN report: HUFF movement to support restoration of services.
- Right to Rest Law on State Model as a City Ordinance