STILL AVAILABLE! REWARD ! :$300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space indoors or outside with access to bathroom, internet, and power. Free Radio Santa Cruz is also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you
On the show today:
- Poet Ron Lampi Interview
- “Time Out” Travis, “Man ‘o Many Years” Michael & the Raging Grannies at Food Not Bombs Soupstock 39
- Historical Hijinx, Current Capers, and Dusty Debate with Katzenjammer Keith McHenry at Home
- The Battle of Berkeley’s People’s Park: A Forum of Elders. Full video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Standing By and Sputtering While the Red Church’s Sextant Steve Drives Homeless Off the Property
- More Voices from the Past as People’s Park Stands on the Brink of Demolition
- Vice-Mayor Justin Cummings Passes the Buck at Deborah Elston’s Santa Cruz Neighbors Forum May 15th
- Sex, Lies, and Julian Assange. Full video at https://www.abc.net.au/
- Bonus in the archives only at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html under 5-26-19 (last 13 minutes)–the Origins of Memorial Day
Boxing With Bullshit by Santa Cruz Fulltimer Vandweller Julie & Bathrobespierre
- Background to the Creation of Berkeley’s People’s Park in the 60′s : https://www.berkeleyside.com/
2019/05/10/11-years-of- radical-thought-and-action-in- berkeley-led-to-creation-of- peoples-park
- Final Fall of the Judicial Hammer Before First-They-Came-For-The-
Homeless Lost Their Free Speech Case:
- And what’s the Santa Cruz Cop Position on Pepper Spray? :https://
chronicleofsocialchange.org/ news-2/california-youth-have- been-pepper-sprayed-more-than- 5000-times-in-three-years/ 35154?fbclid=IwAR2QA2V1goq9YC_ 0L3GboqboRVhKQ5uQkMgOMpk_ nupHe5f08cx0GqLEs1A
- A Lesson for Councilmember Cummings Studying While You Harass the Homeless: https://48hills.org/2019/05/
weve-been-counted-and-studied- we-still-dont-have-homes/? fbclid=IwAR0Y7VGeacjoE__ WpDZlXT8Fr6R7BNIzMVzb0PfD81V29 KIXbOsIcWS9yWA
- Nazi Salute at Last City Council–Inappropriate or Indispensable? : https://www.santacruzsentinel.
com/2019/05/22/letter-nazi- salute-was-an-appropriate- action/?
- Classism in Santa Cruz? A Remedial Analysis.: https://classism.org/poor-
ADVICE FOR ADVOCATES
- Talk Turkey to the Westside Neighbors as they Mount Their Attack Against RV’s: 5 PM Monday June 3rd at the SCPD Community Room
- Support Successor Ross Camp Refugee Camps and other Real Alternative Survival Camps and Squats
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit Seeking Damages: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Community Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Is Depopulated and “Clean-Up” Restricted
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Homeless Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on Facebook
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!