STILL AVAILABLE! REWARD ! :
$300 for info leading to a 10′ X 10′ studio space indoors or outside with access to bathroom, internet, and power.
Free Radio Santa Cruz is also seeking a transmitter space where we can put up an antenna–a backyard, a multistory home, a high tree–help us spread the word. Help us so we can help you!
On the show today:
- Katzenjammer Keith McHenry Gives Us a Federal Court Update
- Brent Adams’ Take on the Latest Ross Camp Doings
- Visiting the Benchlands “Emergency” Campground
- Anti-Ross Camp Ragers Confront Councilmember Drew Glover
- Glover at Ross Camp
- Criminalization of Homelessness Workshop at Housing California 2019
FLASHBACK to March 13, 1996 show includes:
Refuse & Resist report from B.D.
Bobby Joyce of SF Coalition on Homelessness
Ron Howard of Interfaith Shelter Program
ADVISORIES FOR ADVOCATES
- Support Ross Camp and other Real Alternative Survival Camps and Squats
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Community Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Is Depopulated and “Clean-Up” Restricted
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Homeless Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Ross Camp, The Santa Cruz Community, & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on Facebook for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!