- Recall the Progressives: A Visit to the Police Community Room’s Organizational Meeting
- Glover’s Responds to the Recall (https://www.facebook.com/
DrewSGlover “An Open Letter to Santa Cruz”
- Smiles and Scowls at Cynthia Mathews’ “Downtown Forward” proposal to Return to the Parking Garage/Library “Blend”
- Peripheral Debates With the Mathews Crowd
- Superheated Tents, Icky Drinking Water, Showers Still Not In Place–Concerns of the River St. Camp Folks
- Is Susie O’Hara Playing Hide-n-Go-Seek from Santa Cruz Homeless Union Monitor Alicia Kuhl?
Flashing Back to April 12,1996:
- The Shady Origin of the Homeless (Lack of) Service Center’s Page Smith Community House
- Critiqueing the Barbara Riverwomon/Sherry Conable New Brighton Beach Homeless Camp and Council’s Subsequent Surrender to Community Bigotry (Shades of 2019!)
- Clips from the “Cut and Run” City Council of that Era Around the New Brighton Beach Campground Proposal
- Skidmark Bob Duran Reports on an Oakland Free Radio Berkeley Hearing, local anti-Prison Protest,
- Skidmark on Resisting Music Censorship even as the Handcuffs Come Out
- Attorney Catnip Kate Weills: Police Blanket Seizures at the City Hall Sleepers Protest and City Attorney Featherbedding
- More from the Santa Cruz City Council’s Burial of the New Brighton Beach Homeless Camp Shutdown
- Councilmember Celia Scott’s Council Moves in Defense of Homeless Activists and Musicians
- Night Owl Calls in From the Berkeley Court on the Free Radio Berkeley Hearing
- The Glover February 12th Resolutions Delayed and Diluted: https://assets.documentcloud.
org/documents/6186799/ Proposal-on-Homelessness-Drew- Glover.pdf
- Direct Action Monday July 15th to Liberate the Louden Nelson Bathrooms: https://www.indybay.org/
- Harassment of the Homes-on-Wheels Folks: https://www.
eastbaytimes.com/2019/07/11/ home-depot-to-fence-out-rv- dwellers-behind-store/?fbclid= IwAR0A3oBI7CZPfJBm1P9oVD2oUbjT mqZJYwXOrduEYtjTgv_ lIi8rsrDqjQQ
- Bully ‘em Away, Buy ‘em Away, or Blow ‘em Away: https://news.vice.com/en_us/
article/kzmvyw/a-maga-guy- with-an-elf-costume-and-a- leaf-blower-full-of-cash-just- stormed-an-oakland-homeless- camp?fbclid=IwAR16_- 3dZ3LQP3iZ3mBtFVvKF66EWrMJS6b5 Giotmij51i9biQO4aF-cYVU
- DIRECT ACTION TO RELIEVE SUFFERERS AND STAFF ALIKE AT THE LOCKED LOUDEN NELSON BATHROOMS 2 PM Tomorrow July 8th at Louden Nelson Center (Laurel and Center) Where Only the Privileged in “Programs” can Pee and Poo…for now!
- WILL RAIDS START TODAY (7-14)? If you spot ICE in Santa Cruz, call the local Rapid Response Network Hotline: 831-239-4289.
- Join the “Less Crap, More Crappers” DIRECT ACTION Followup July 15th Monday at Louden Nelson Center 2 PM to Restore Public Restroom Access There in the interests of Health, Fairness, and Dignity.
- Support Alternative Survival Camps and Squats in the Wake of the City Council “Away on Vacation” Abdication as Homeless People Face Police Lies and Turn-Aways from Shelter.
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit Seeking Damages–Whether you were at Ross Camp or Not: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere! Contact Barracuda Mama at 831-431-7766 or Visit the Union of the Homeless table 4-6 PM at the Saturday and Sunday Food Not Bombs Meals at the Main Post Office
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, NOT Poverty-Pimp Posturers– Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s–and Deter Police Harassment by being On Call to Document It.
- Additional Needs for Community Samaritans!–More Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in Additional Spots, Less Cop Crackdowns
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s Day/Night Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Santa Cruz Union of the Homeless documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out The Santa Cruz Community, Santa Cruz Homeless Advocates & Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, SNAIL, HEART Disabled Homeless People, & Power Surge Tenants Rights on Facebook
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless or local businesses!