The 2-19-23 show includes:
The July 29, 2010 Flashback show includes:
- Drum Circle devotees join PeaceCamp2010 protesters in front of the County Building: Skybear, Danny, & “First Amendment” Ed Frey
- Bathrobespierre Reports on the Upcoming Sinister Sidewalk Singing Trial
- More Drumbeats: Margaret, Peppertongue Pat Ring critiques PeaceCamp2010, Lito, Renee Curry, Curbhugger Chris, Orbit, and Sheriff chatter
- Drum Circle Dave on the new “No Trespassing” signs at the “Demonstration Garden” hastily fenced off by the City along the Levee path.
- A fragment of Uncle Dennis Davies’ “From the Cream to the Dregs” show, hosted by Louis La Fortune
The 2-12-23 Show includes:
- Recent (2-8) Santa Cruz Homeless Union meeting critique
- “Backstory” Brent’s harsh but penetrating assessment of the accomplishments of the Footbridge Services that he is discontinuing and the City & County governments’ failures
- San Francisco Coalition on Homelessness Street Sheet Newspaper co-ordinator Emmett House on his history there. Check out http://www.streetsheet.org/ or
- Activist Alicia Kuhl documents three cops harassing a homeless man in a tent in a city parking lot, lying to him about shelter space: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHd9mdNdbQw & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KxDCwc6gbA
- HUFF (Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom) at the Mountain Community Resource Center picketing protest in Felton on 2-7 demanding homeless folks not be sent out from awnings into the rain and cold—their second visit.
- 2-9 Roxray on Santa Cruz Street Teams
- Kazoo compares live in the Sycamore Grove camps off Hiway 9 with the City’s Armory/Overlook facility
- Marshal Taylor and Ted Henshaw at the Food Not Bombs meal sound off
- 1-30 Shawn on recent police sweeps of parking lots and sidewalks in downtown Santa Cruz
Edited Flashback to 12-3-06 [description at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/brb-descriptions.html#DEC06]
The show is archived at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html .
Flashback to March 13, 2006:
- A veteran of the 1980’s Berkeley Rainbow Village tent city on its origins and end.
- City Commission for the Prevention of Violence to Women hears Sheila Coonerty and Matt Ferrell of the Downtown Commission on the Parking Lot Panic law with critical interjections by Norse.
- Jake and Kathleen Estrella on an unexpected police bust
- 3-16 Protest against the Panic law at the Downtown Commission’s meeting.
- Alternate Public Defender Bernard Pregerson on the local Drug War; calls from Madison and Bob Lamonica.
The show archives at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html (go to Latest Show – 2/5/2023)
Recent and upcoming events and interviews on the show include:
Flashback to March 31, 2013 show:
- See full description at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/brb-descriptions.html under March 31, 2013.
- “Making Contact” show Transportation Justice Movement—organizing for accessible and cheap transportation for all.
- “You Call That News” for March 26th–“Free” is your host.
- Skidmark Bob Duran interviews Candlelight Kim Argula on origins of Free Radio Santa Cruz; Tony Mello, Tom Shreiner & Stephen Dunafer; Skidmark interviewed.
The show will archive at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/Lostshows.html .
The February 2, 2023 show includes:
- Felton’s Mountain Community Resource Center follow-up protest slated for 11 AM Tuesday February 7th.
- HUFF phone-call to Community activist Reggie Meisler on his latest documented demand that the SCPD stop harassing homeless vehicle-dwellers with unpermitted No Overnight Parking signs that lack the required Coastal Commission design permits.
- [1-31] Food Not Bombs activist Keith McHenry announces upcoming vigils for police-murdered victims Nichols Tyre [2-2], Manuel Estevan Paez Teran [2-3], as well as a renewed California Homeless Union meeting [2-8 4 PM RCNV]; the death of Blake last week frozen to death outside the Housing Matters fenced-off complex…and other updates
- Outside survivors Chris and Alice give their views of the mixed attitude of Felton’s community and police towards those outside.
- Democracy Now segment on Memphis police and fire department murder of Tyre Nichols [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqt0cHicyBs]
The January 29, 2023 Show includes:
- Various articles covering the police murder of Tyre Nicols in Memphis
- [1-22-23] Helga’s herstory of anti-homeless harassment at the Mountain Community Resource Center and elsewhere in Felton
- [1-23-23] Dreamcatcher and Arnie give rosy snapshots of the Armory shelter
- [1-23-23] Everett Trujillo’s Report Card on Sheriff and Povertypimp Behavior
- [1-27] Helga and Bathrobespierre Shoot Questions at Deputy Jason Dune.
- [1-28] Helga’s account of her 1 a.m. bust for videoing Everett’s false arrest.
The November 11, 1999 Flashback includes:
- Largely Critical Phone Interview with Councilmember Chris Krohn on the Shoulder Tap law, Rent Control, the rushed Dolphin-Lee Project, Council’s stalling on an independent lawyer for the Citizens Police Review Board [CPRB]
- Gail Levy, President of the Cabrillo Estates Mobile Home Owners Association [CEMHOA] in Capitola defending their rent control.
- FRSC broadcaster and CEMHOA resident Merlin weighs in on the issue.
- Van dweller Dennis Rehm, 14-times hauled to court for Sleeping Ban crime, on the Flory-Edwards-Jacobs defense and judicial collusion with police repression.
- Catnip Kate Wells, defense attorney, advises CPRB members on the right to use lawful force to resist a false arrest.
- Roughrider Richard Quigley on social cleansing harassment of Jerry Henry, counselor to street youth, charged with 11 non-violent misdemeanors
- Battling Bob Lamonica on the corrupt past of Judge Art Danner
- Homeless recycler Verna Hernandez on City harassment of her work
The January 26 show is a Flashback to the October 21, 1999 Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides show. It includes:
- Jeff, a White Separatist, gets grilled by pro-Mumia- abu- Jamal activists.
- Aaron Birsch, convicted of assaulting the homeless Joe Barker, discusses his trial and the underlying charge. [Part 2 of an interview that began with the October 14, 1999 show]
- Skidmark Bob on his encounter with the Birsch anti-Mumia group and the background of the SC-5 trial, arrested in the Kosovo anti-war protest
- Vinnie Lombardo, aka the V man, a FRSC reporter and broadcaster, on his upcoming court hearing in the SC-5 case.
- [Oct 10, 1999] Homeless squeegee woman “Patches” describes Bad Times at Dominican Hospital.
- Rev. John Phillips of the Rainbow Cross Walk, going from S.C. to S.F.
- Becky Johnson on Sgt. “Sticky Fingers” Butchie Baker’s failure to find anti-homeless assailants.
- “City’s Take Hard Line on Homeless” by Blair Anthony Robinson and Mathew Barrows
- Original show is at https://www1.huffsantacruz.org/lost/BRB%2010-21-99%20Tape%201%20side%20A.mp3 & https://www1.huffsantacruz.org/lost/BRB%2010-21-99%20Tape%201%20side%20B.mp3
The January 19th Show includes:
- [1-17] Titanium-tongued Tony Mendanza on recent roustabouts with law enforcement lunacy.
- Birdsong Whitebeard on the view from the Food Not Bombs free clothing table after the rain.
- More parking lot punishment— reports Threadbare Theodore
- [1-18] Harvey West Hangout Report from GreyStevens, Mickie Sabzar, and Spanky.
- [1-19] Moving on the Mountain Resource Center’s renegade roust policies: Kara, long-time Felton resident, gives her view
- Volunteer Food Line worker Shelly’s perspective.
- Anonymous report of a S.C. homeless death in the library
- Perspectives on the protest: Rita, Dave, Anonymous
- Inside the MRC in search of answers—still looking.