On the show today:
- Blow by Blow Analysis of the Final Moments of the Ross Camp Sell-Out
- “Stacked Deck” Steve Tells a Tale of Bad Times
“Telltale” Thomas on Megapolice Response to a Single Man Moaning
- Single Female Sleeper Elie On A Week of Woe
- Prologue to the Rise of the Freedom Sleepers with the Cut-off of Meal Services at Coral St.
- Steffan Nelson and Andy Carcello Blow the Whistle on the Homeless (Lack of) Services Center
- Former HLOSC Director Doug Loisel Gives Background and Updates
- Catch the whole unexpurgated show at http://radiolibre.org/brb/
- Manteca uses Santa Cruz’s “closed area” work-around/sneak-around to avoid Boise decision: https://www.mantecabulletin.
- Same Story, Different Bigots in San Jose: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/
news/local/Willow-Glen- Residents-Upset-About- Possibility-of-Homeless- Encampment-in-the-Area- 507130321.html
- While Santa Cruz Dawdles and Bullies, San Diego Acts…
- The Backyard Bigotry Buzz Barrage In Action: https://www.reddit.com/r/
santacruz/comments/b0hwpa/ live_in_seabright_fyi_city_ council_is_currently/
- Support Ross Camp and other Real Alternative Shelters on the Streets and Sidewalks of Santa Cruz!
- Press Conference and Protest at the Special City Council Session Tuesday March 19th 3:45 PM : Save the Ross Refugee Camp !
- Join the Ross Camp Lawsuit: Protect Survival Camps Everywhere!
- Demand City Council Respect the Ross Camp Until Sweetalkin’ Susie O’Hara’s Supports Real Shelter Not Smoke-and-Mirrors Shuck ‘n Jive
- Join Campquest 2019–the Search for Community Shelter in Empty Buildings and Parking Garages for Refuge if Ross Is Demolished
- Donate to Existing Homeless Encampments, not Poverty-Pimp Posturers–Winter Survival Demands Blankets, Water, Tarps, Portapotties & Trash Pick-Up’s
- Community and City Council Take Note!–Ross Camp Needs: Potable Water for Drinking and Grey Water for Washing, Laundry Access so Clothes Don’t Mildew, a Drainage System Against the Rains, More Space in additional spots.
- Demand Immediate Council/Supervisor Support for the Hundreds of Refugees Outside in Wet and Freezing Weather
- Support Food Not Bombs, the Warming Center’s 24 Hour Storage Program, HUFF, Conscience and Action, Monterey County Homeless Advocates, and other activists in documenting, providing resources, & publicizing the situation.
- Check out Homeless Outside in Santa Cruz on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
HomelessOutsideSantaCruz/ for updates.
- Read Updates and Post Them on Santa Cruz Indymedia at https://www.indybay.org/santa-
- Back up homeless efforts to organize either in protest or to demand adequate and accessible facilities.
- Exchange information with other supporters there to generate more communication and better solutions in the future.
- Listen in to Bathrobespierre’s Broadsides at freakradio.org Thursdays 6-8 PM, Sundays 9:30 AM- 3 PM
- Hear archived shows at http://www.huffsantacruz.org/
Lostshows.html . Call in with street reports and commentary: 831-423-4833.
- If you must, expropriate items from chain stores. Don’t steal from vulnerable fellow homeless!